Transmission Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Bearings

So M2S4 is in and there is a noise in neutral with clutch pedal up. I can't think of anything else but a bad bearing. What I want to know is what is that bearing called? Too many bearings to choose from and I do not know too much terminology of a transmission.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

*similar*not prelude trans---^
    PowerTorque® - Manual Transmission Bearing Rebuild Kit
    Part # BK387

PowerTorque® - Manual Transmission Bearing Rebuild Kit
    Part Number: BK387
    Line: PTQ
    1 Year Limited Warranty
    UPC: 771112151989
    Detailed Description
    Power Torque Transmission Rebuild Kits contain all bearings, seals and gaskets required to refurbish a Manual Transmission.
    Kits available with and without Syncronizer Rings.
    Small Parts Kit, when required by application include needle rollers, washers and shim
    $592.99 Each Call for
    availability
    O'Reallys

You should have a test drive by a professional, pull the transmission and outsource that job
    Last edited by illinois_erik; 09-27-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Does this noise go away when you push the pedal down, ever so slightly, once the resistance starts? If that's the case, could be the throwout bearing.

Comment

Pedal down it is gone. I think part 20 is what is the problem. $500 too much, all I need is the one bearing, but the diagram is quite helpful, thanks.

Comment

Yeah, it's either #20, or I suppose looking at it, it could be #1. I have the same issue with my car right now; I've just been riding it out until I do a rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
            What I want to know is what is that bearing called?
            Throw-out bearing? .. It's what it was in mine.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
              Yeah, it's either #20, or I suppose looking at it, it could be #1. I have the same issue with my car right now; I've just been riding it out until I do a rebuild.
              Same, I only heard it because I paid more attention to any sounds after swap, still a good idea to plan ahead though. Though an easy fix is to turn on the radio.

Comment

Yes it is your Throwout Bearing. They are usually replaced when you replace the clutch.
                Originally posted by Quashish
                Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
                Quashish dictionary
                Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
                To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

The throwout bearing was replaced, Honda OEM, and there is no noise when the pedal is pressed down, only when it is let off. When I press down the pedal the noise continues for as long as it takes for the friction disk to stop rotating.

Comment

Is there fluid leaking out the transmission anywhere? #1 & #20 would be my primary suspects.

Comment

Did you yourself install everything including the throwout bearing or did someone else do the work? Was the new one never installed by accident? Those symptoms are spot on to a bad/noisy TOB. When it's unloaded w/ no pressure it'll make some noise and once the pedal goes down a hair, it'll be quiet. Also, what do you have for MTF in there?

Comment

I did the clutch job myself, and I made sure I used the Honda throw-out bearing. The one that came with the clutch is still in the package. I put in Honda MTF. I have been checking every morning for leaks and there are none. Remember this a junk yard engine and I guess the noise was there when it went to the yard.

It takes more than a hair to stop the noise, the clutch needs to be making zero contact with the disk to stop the noise.

Comment

H2A5

Clutch Housing:

#13 - 91002-PG1-018 - Bearing, Ball (63/28c) (Toyo)

Mainshaft:

#18 - 91004-PX5-008 - Bearing, Ball (28x78x20)

Comment

Working...
                          X