No Spark! Have tried numerous things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Spark! Have tried numerous things

The story is that my brother was driving and the car just dies, no sputter or
    anything. It will turn over but will not start. We have no spark coming from the
    plug wires. We have tried putting in the distributor from my car (works, internal
    coil) and main relay. We have checked all the fuses. Just don't know what else it
    could be. I have researched it and will continue to.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Take off the oil fill cap, watch down in the hole while someone else turns the car over. If no internals move, the timing belt has broken.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
      Take off the oil fill cap, watch down in the hole while someone else turns the car over. If no internals move, the timing belt has broken.
      Or just take off the distribitor cap.

Run codes.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The car didn't throw any codes. I did more research and upon further inspection he ended up snapping the camshaft right after the first cylinder closest to the distributor.

This is an oil starvation issue so anybody out there who aren't on top of your leaks can have the same happen if your oil is not topped often or the leak fixed.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Working...
        X