Low idle... screw adjusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low idle... screw adjusted

no matter how i adjust the idle screw, my idle is still lower than i'd like(650-750). even when i take the screw completely out, my idle is still below 900. what else could be causing this low idle? btw, this is when completely warm.

I don't think that screw is for idle adjustment. That screw just opens your valves to suck in more air. If you have a short ram intake, you could hear the filter suck more air when you screw it counter-clockwise. When turning the screw clockwise, it sucks in less air...somebody correct me if I'm wrong?
    As for idle adjustment, you will need to adjust the two nuts on that wire that runs along the top of your intake manifold...again, somebody correct me if I'm wrong?

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

That screw is for idle adjustment. You should tighten the throttle cable until it's tight, but not enough to open the butterfly(you hear idle go up).

The procedure for adjusting base idle is in the Helms/Chiltons Manual, I'm not gonna type it out here.
      -Jay

Comment

yes, what blue said...the screw is for idel adjustment. Also one thing that happend to me was my MAP sensor wasn't plugged in correctly (wrong vac line). Make sure you're map is working correctly and vac's are all good.
        2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
        JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
        My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Im just curious as to why you want to raise the idle. 700 rpm seems fine to me.
          R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
          My members ride page
          Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

1200 is my recommended idle speed.
            -Jay

Comment

you are suposed to disconnect the IAC ( i think ) and with the car running turn it , then turn the car off and connect Iac ... then turn the car back on

its in the MCleans manual if im wrong,.. cant rember

Comment

The correct procedure in the HAYNES manual says :
                1) Start you car and let it warm to running temp
                2) Remove plug from over screw
                3) Disconnect IAC connector then turn screw to adjust your idle
                4) After achieved idle necessary, turn car off, re-connect IAC connector, remove 7.5 amp backup fue from fuse box for 10 - 15 seconds, re-install fuse then start car and check idle.
                REPEAT PROCEDURE UNTIL IDLE NEEDED IS ACHIEVED!!
                I know because I did on monday, my RPM is now at 850 RPM which is cool!
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                  The correct procedure in the HAYNES manual says :
                  1) Start you car and let it warm to running temp
                  2) Remove plug from over screw
                  3) Disconnect IAC connector then turn screw to adjust your idle
                  4) After achieved idle necessary, turn car off, re-connect IAC connector, remove 7.5 amp backup fue from fuse box for 10 - 15 seconds, re-install fuse then start car and check idle.
                  REPEAT PROCEDURE UNTIL IDLE NEEDED IS ACHIEVED!!
                  I know because I did on monday, my RPM is now at 850 RPM which is cool!

yeah what he said... it works too..

Comment

Working...
                  X