Factory H23 Internal Coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory H23 Internal Coil?

So I was looking on Craigslist for parts for my project and the guy says he has an internal H23 distributor for $100. Did the H23 ever have an internal coil distributor from the factory?
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Please stop saying "H23". You mean H23A1. As there are three different varieties (all with differing distributors relevant to this thread) it helps to clarify.

In the US, the H23A1 never had an internal coil distributor. Same with the H22A prior to 1997. However, in Japan all DOHC F/H-series engines used an external coil distributor. Unless you want to fuse your current internal-coil F22A distributor with an external-coil H22A1/H23A1 unit then you'll need that one available for sale. $100 is a bit steep, though. I have a couple so I might be able to help you out when you're able to get that P14.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 07-24-2013, 11:18 AM.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Sounds good. Sorry I know I am being a bit of a pain in the ass, trying to clarify what is hazy to me.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Working...
      X