trans issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans issues

I have a problem with my 92 wagon shifting after putting another trans and tcu after 2 months of driving it is doing the same as the old trans I took out. slipping out of gear also something I never seen the dash indicator for the door and brakelight sensors all lighted up at the same time as if all the doors hatch was open and the brake lights were out flickering in and out when I cranked the car up and as I was driving and it started if everything I replaced is new what could be the problem

The transmission you installed, is it overhauled unit or JY unit?
    If it's JY unit, it may have failed in the same manner as your original one.

The warning light issue could be separate from the transmission issue.

These are my guesses.
    A&P-IA

Comment

Did you replace it yourself? Did you prime the torque converter? What is the fluid like? Did you check the fluid with the motor warmed and at idle?

Some of the symptoms you describe also match a loose ground.

Comment

Ill check it all out thanks guy. it was a remain and tested unit i had a shop install it and i used honda fluid.

Comment

mine was doing the same way except the lights not flashing checked the tcm code and it the code was for the throttle position sensor.changed the throttle position sensor and not one problem out of the tranny. but in your case it may be a bad ground as stated before or possibly a alternator going out
          Last edited by 919coupe; 07-16-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X