Aftermarket braided brake lines and rear disc swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket braided brake lines and rear disc swap

So the fronts went well, but the rear's I'm not sure if I'm missing a piece or is the middle non-braided?

I have the piece which connects from the caliper to the first bracket, and I have the last piece which goes from the body mount to the first bracket on the trailing arm. But what goes in the middle?

And I think I can use the bracket in the middle off the drum setup on the disc setup? (the bracket in the location where the trailing arm connects to the hub assembly, you can see I'm missing it on the disc setup)

Thanks

I'm surprised no-one spoke up yet...

Comment

I'll take a photo of mine tomorrow if you want. Mine isn't aftermarket so it may not help you.
      Last edited by wildBill83; 07-09-2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        I'll take a photo of mine tomorrow if you want. Mine isn't aftermarket so it may not help you.
        can't hurt, thanks

Comment

I'm working on my car tomorrow as well so I'll take pics. I have aftermarket goodridge brake lines.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
            I'm working on my car tomorrow as well so I'll take pics. I have aftermarket goodridge brake lines.
            thank you

Comment

Comment

They have a special 6 line braided SS kit that you'll most likely need to buy. When I did mine I first purchased a 4 line kit for Accords with rear drums, but the ones that come stock with rear discs, EX/SE or in your case the rear disc swap, need to have this kit for it to work right with the trailing arms

I bought a 6 line kit from Technafit for about 109 bucks I believe if you still need to buy some. I think they might even sell you just the 2 lines you're missing but I'm not sure if going from a 4 line kit to a 6 line kit in the rear changes the length of the lines, so you might need to buy 4 lines specifically for the EX/SE with rear discs.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                  They have a special 6 line braided SS kit that you'll most likely need to buy. When I did mine I first purchased a 4 line kit for Accords with rear drums, but the ones that come stock with rear discs, EX/SE or in your case the rear disc swap, need to have this kit for it to work right with the trailing arms

I bought a 6 line kit from Technafit for about 109 bucks I believe if you still need to buy some. I think they might even sell you just the 2 lines you're missing but I'm not sure if going from a 4 line kit to a 6 line kit in the rear changes the length of the lines, so you might need to buy 4 lines specifically for the EX/SE with rear discs.
                  The weird part is that the rear lines have the banjo fitting for the disc caliper. So they are for the disc setup but are obviously missing part #11 from the below pic:

I guess I'll have to order a whole new kit
                  if anyone know where I can get just the rears please help me out.

Comment

I could also make a line to go there.

Comment

That section is missing because the kit assumes you still have the non-flexible section. I would say you should be able to go to the dealership/Rock Auto and order that line only. I'll bet the fittings are to go with OEM hardlines.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        That section is missing because the kit assumes you still have the non-flexible section. I would say you should be able to go to the dealership/Rock Auto and order that line only. I'll bet the fittings are to go with OEM hardlines.
                        Finally, an answer! And I never thought of that, as the braided lines are to simply replace the OEM rubber lines. Thank You.

I'll just make a line to go in there.

Comment

Working...
                        X