How to rewire MAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rewire MAP?

Hello all, I have my new (used) map sensor, but the color are different from the harness clip. Please help me to wire them correctly? Thank you

On the left is the new MAP's clip.
    On the right is my old sensor
    I figured it out now
    It goes :

Pink from Accord -to- white/black
    Grn from Accord -to- green/blue
    Wht from Accord -to- yellow/black
    Last edited by android_proball; 07-06-2013, 01:58 AM.

just read this you dont have to makea harness jus look at the wire colors
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...h22+map+sensor

Comment

I wired it up, and it still throws the code. Start up rough. Smells like gaaaaaas

Comment

I flipped the white and green wire too, that causes the car to not turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by android_proball
          I've ordered new MAP, too because I noticed the old one only functions well if the car is idle.
          I'm guessing it wasn't actually "New"

Why didn't you just get the proper MAP sensor for your car?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I tried the red+white, and the car seems to be good. CEL is off. I ran w/ ac ON. But!

I tried to floor-it but not overhaul the engine, and I came to stopping at 45mph, the CEL came on. I went ahead and turned car off, and restarted, same as first time. No CEL.

I checked code: and I already knew I need to replace 02(code1)

-- kinda weird, but somehow understanding, that the extra power isn't sifted properly anymore causing the 02 so mal-function? Idk I really think so.

And, I didn't even think properly about ordering. I just went on eBay, some good REp seller had one for 14.99 us, and I needed one so bad because i was getting like 13 miles to thengallon. i am so poor roght now, i swear imma hunt a goat from my backyard on saturday morning, and eat it. i actually enjoy the taste.

plus the
            he offer 3 mo guarantee, and even sent me the two screws for it, along with a small gasket/o-ring, and the pigtail .

And it IS much smaller. But I want to vouch for it, and hope it works out-great.
            Last edited by android_proball; 07-06-2013, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Also: I've noticed in allot of threads; there always seems to be a MAP on the throttle body??

I don't have one there.

I have a line from the first (front of car to back) line hookup on the throttle body,- to the the T splitter. It goes into a green plastic bin(idk what it is or does honestly) and the other to the MaP.

This is normal?

1993 Se auto

Comment

Originally posted by android_proball View Post
                I tried the red+white, and the car seems to be good. CEL is off. I ran w/ ac ON. But!

I tried to floor-it but not overhaul the engine, and I came to stopping at 45mph, the CEL came on. I went ahead and turned car off, and restarted, same as first time. No CEL.

I checked code: and I already knew I need to replace 02(code1)

-- kinda weird, but somehow understanding, that the extra power isn't sifted properly anymore causing the 02 so mal-function? Idk I really think so.

And, I didn't even think properly about ordering. I just went on eBay, some good REp seller had one for 14.99 us, and I needed one so bad, he offer 3 mo guarantee, and even sent me the two screws for it, along with a small gasket/o-ring, and the pigtail .

And it IS much smaller. But I want to vouch for it, and hope it works out-great.
                Originally posted by android_proball View Post
                Also: I've noticed in allot of threads; there always seems to be a MAP on the throttle body??

I don't have one there.

I have a line from the first (front of car to back) line hookup on the throttle body,- to the the T splitter. It goes into a green plastic bin(idk what it is or does honestly) and the other to the MaP.

This is normal?

1993 Se auto
                Please don't mix this thread with your other one.

It's hard enough to understand without having 2 threads about the same thing.

H22 has the MAP on the Throttle body.
                F22 has the MAP separate.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Thanks. No imma bout to close it, or delete?
                  I just had a separate one to start the task

Comment

yea if you wire the map sensor correctly then its the map sensor shit happen to me bought a brand new from honda and wire it wrong so i got another one wire right and its been working fine

Comment

yea you cant mess around with the 5v supply from the ecu because if you wire it wrong and apply ground to it, you can fry ecu's.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        yea you cant mess around with the 5v supply from the ecu because if you wire it wrong and apply ground to it, you can fry ecu's.
                        what ^^^he said make sure double check

Comment

actually, obdii are on the tb. obd1 is firewall mounted. engine is irrelevant.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                            actually, obdii are on the tb. obd1 is firewall mounted. engine is irrelevant.
                            The OBD1 94-95 F22B1 & 2 engines in the CD Accords have the MAP mounted on the throttle body.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Can something else cause take off problems, and idle roughness?
                              What is that little green canister that leads off-of- the map?

Comment

Working...
                              X