automatic not lettin me go into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic not lettin me go into gear

when i start the car up and push the brake i try to put it in gear and it wont go i have to turn the car off and put the key in the hole and put it in N then start the car. It just started to do it last night..

Originally posted by AccordNation423 View Post
    when i start the car up and push the brake i try to put it in gear and it wont go i have to turn the car off and put the key in the hole and put it in N then start the car. It just started to do it last night..
    Ever since we owned the 91 coupe in 2007..this was how we had to start it, and still do it today. It has something to do with a brake sensor I think and it was going to cost a bit. So my son said it's a cheap anti-theft item and he is fine with it. Only a problem at the car wash. If you want it fixed..I can ask the mechanics what they said as I forgot. Someone here may know how to get to that sensor so you can do it. I'll listen too!
    Last edited by SilverShadow; 06-22-2013, 03:36 PM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

So when you press the brakes and try to put it on (D)rive the shifter wont let you? Try disconnecting your TCU and plug it back in.
      MY MRT
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

i tried to un plug it and it still doing the same thing aint a way i could pop that one pin out and dont have to worry puttin the key in there

Comment

Have you checked your fuses already?

I had the same problem before and it turned to be a fuse. I can also be the brake sensor as stated before, but I would try checking the fuses first since that's the easiest and cheapest place to start looking. Check he ones under the hood and the ones under the dashboard, I can't remember where I found the bad fuse.

CALI LIFE STYLE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

The lock solenoid on the side of the shifter under the console may have a short or, blown fuse, or just burned up. It has 3 10mm bolts that hold it in, you can remove it and see if it works when 12v's are applied, if so check the wires leading to it to make sure it completes it's circuit.

This should be a simple cheap fix.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Have you opened the TCU? There is a common resistor that burns up that controls the shift lock solenoid. If it is doing this eventually the TCU will go into limp mode and you will only have two gears. If this resistor is burnt you might as well replace the adjacent capacitors and matching resistors.

Comment

Working...
              X