TDC question for F22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92cb7pnw View Post
    Try burping your radiator you may have an air bubble in there.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

When I would start the car, it would sound fine. Then it will start to idle at 2000, raise to 2500 then drop back to 2000, then raise again to 2500 then drop back to 2000. It fluctuates for lack of a better term
      It is known that if air is in the cooling system, the idle speed fluctuates as you are experiencing.
      What he is saying is try bleeding air out of your cooling system.

Wrong timing does not give you fluctuating idle speed. Never had that in my experience anyways.

It never did that before my crank pulley spun off.
      Crank pulley has nothing to do with timing of the engine. The timing gear does.

Timing gears have keys so they are not likely to loose index. If you didn't install the key on crank timing gear/pulley and didn't torque the bolt properly, that would be another story.
      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
        It is known that if air is in the cooling system, the idle speed fluctuates as you are experiencing.
        What he is saying is try bleeding air out of your cooling system.
        Thank you for that, I should have explained it better.

Comment

Now my rear balance shaft gear assembly does not line up with the mating mark, I have screwdriver in the acess hole holding the shaft in place but the "V" notch doesnt line up. Am I supposed to remove the cog and adjust it or should I just bolt up seeing as how the balance shaft is in its correct position?

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

What is the rear balance shaft gear assembly? It would be helpful if you could post up pics to show us exactly what you are talking about. And what cog and v-notch are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
            X