Question regarding oil pressure switch removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding oil pressure switch removal

Can removal of the oil pressure switch be accomplished without losing much oil? Should I wait until my next oil change? Thanks in advance.

You will see minimum amount of oil coming out from there with engine off. But, the removal of the switch will be easy if the oil filter is removed. I would do the switch change along with oil and filter change unless the current switch is not working.
    Last edited by oyajicool; 06-15-2013, 08:33 PM. Reason: missed words
    A&P-IA

Comment

I think it's leaking; that's all.

Comment

Just did mine today without removing the filter which isn't much harder as long as you angle the ratchet right. Only thing mine had a rubber cover which turned brittle and felt like metal too til I squeezed it then cut the top off, unplugged the wires and jammed a bigger socket over it since I couldn't get all the hardened rubber off. No oil came out at all and the oil filter actually helped me since it was the right angle to sit my magnetic light on... Put gasket maker on new sensor threads and snugged it down (just remember your in aluminum) and plugged 'er back in. Why do more.:/

All the info I found told me I need gasket maker on the threads so I used it anywayz and the old oem sensor had nothing on the threads and were still so clean that they were like new. My new unrubberized oem sensor is a 24mm.

Also my switch was leaking 1qt every two weeks only while running and dripping on my exhaust and burning off.
        Last edited by Binladin; 07-31-2013, 05:38 AM. Reason: Epro
        4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

You don't need gasket maker on BSP threads. The threads are tapered to seal! Some people say to use Teflon tape, but that is another no no. The sensor requires contact with the engine to provide it's ground. PTFE tape, aka Teflon tape, is non conductive it will not allow the sensor to ground if the threads are completely covered. If you want to use anything, use a very small amount of liquid Teflon. Not a requirement though.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X