Starting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Issue

So for the past couple weeks, I turn the key and there is a long pause....and then the car starts. Today I noticed there's a funny noise coming from behind me so I think it's the fuel pump. Maybe it's the neutral safety switch though as well? I'm not sure though since I don't have to push in the clutch to start my car, it was an automatic that was swapped over.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Have the battery load tested.
    Or, hook up volt-meter on battery posts and attempt to start. Read the voltage while there's long pose.
    Also, the ignition switch is at fault.
    A&P-IA

Comment

So you're saying both the battery and ignition switch are at fault? I replaced the ignition switch about a year ago. Granted it was from autozone, but could they go bad that quick?

Comment

No, I didn't mean both are at fault at the same time.
        Two things causing one fault is rare.
        I should have said "also" check the ignition switch, which "could" be at fault.
        Since you changed it recently, the switch can be ruled out for now.
        I, too have an AZ ignition switch on my car. Trouble free for I don't know how long,,,,.
        Last edited by oyajicool; 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM.
        A&P-IA

Comment

I will note that it was pouring down raining last night and the wipers were moving slow. So maybe that could point to the battery, but I'm not sure. Funny part is the radio was perfectly fine. I think it might have skipped last night, but I was so ticked about my subsequent IACV issue(it's in the mail) that I'm not sure if it was my iPod skipping as it sometimes does, or the radio actually cutting off and turning back on.
          Last edited by Joey GT-R; 06-07-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

If wipers were moving slow while you were driving, it could be one of the following;
            bad wiper motor, bad power supply to the wiper motor, faulty ground of the motor, too much drag on linkage and such, bad alternator, bad battery or bad something. lol.

Just thinking out loud.

Checking the battery will eliminate one thing from above.

Good luck.
            A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
            X