Automatic swap guys need help with axle combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic swap guys need help with axle combinations

have a F22b DOHC swap and MP1A auto transmission, from a Prelude. When I initially did the swap I had a problem using the passenger side axle from the F22a. Problem was the axle would pop back out of the differential every time I torqued down the axle nut, after three times of doing this, I pulled the axle back out completely and by measuring the inner axle cup on the accord axle and the one that was left in the transmission to ship it I found the Prelude inner cup was a half inch longer than the accord one. From this I put the Jdm inner part on the accord axle and everything worked, the axle no longer popped out of the transmission when tightening down the axle nut.

From my experience with Hondas I have found that the autos and manuals use different intermediate shafts due to the distance the differential sits off the back of the block. Heres where im getting at with this, should I get a auto prelude intermediate shaft and auto accord axles from a accord a intermediate shaft.

At the moment my setup is one long drivers axle(accord) and the custom made passenger side.

Wanting to get this sorted out because the custom axle has ripped the outer boot apart from what im assuming is over extension of the boot. At a loss and really need to know what others with autos have done.

The automatic Preludes over here had long driver side axles as well and did not have an intermediate shaft.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I once had an MP1A auto (American, non-LSD model) mounted to my F22A and my stock Accord axles worked fine.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        I once had an MP1A auto (American, non-LSD model) mounted to my F22A and my stock Accord axles worked fine.
        Has me stumped....

Comment

Yours is JDM? With or without the limited-slip diff? I wouldn't think Honda would change the transmission case between the two, especially if they both have to fit the same car, but this is weird. Unless somehow your passenger side axle isn't that of a CB Accord, or your knuckle is somehow misaligned.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            Yours is JDM? With or without the limited-slip diff? I wouldn't think Honda would change the transmission case between the two, especially if they both have to fit the same car, but this is weird. Unless somehow your passenger side axle isn't that of a CB Accord, or your knuckle is somehow misaligned.
            Non LSD, you know I really haven't paid attention to that, but ill check on it. Either way it shouldn't matter, which axles it uses if its the same case for both.

What about the H22 auto setup? Would it work with the F22b swap?

Comment

I had my H22 with an Auto MP1A or 0A, whichever one is the LSD version, and used my stock F22 axles and it worked out fine.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
              X