Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is a bad o2 sensor going to make me fail emissions

not if I take the bulb out
    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 04-04-2005, 11:36 PM.

Comment

hehe if u take the light out and they dont see that at initial start up then your car will automatically fail. its apart of the tests that they do.

but a o2 sensor basically sends a piggy back signal to the computer telling how the car is burning so that the computer can compensate for whats going on. if its old or slow it will read differntly and affect emmisions.

it can or cant, it may help but other things are a MORE cause of failing emmisions.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

or you could just replace it...
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

A bad O2 sensor can cause the car to run rich so you'll have high readings of HC and CO in turn will make you fail emmissions. NoX is another thngs that's tested but is more related to the EGR system (valve not opening properly, clogged EGR ports) so the O2 sensor won't really affect that.

Comment

since your car is an ODB1 system, they will do a sniff test. You can get around the o2 sensor problem tho. I had an 85 Honda Prelude that failed regularly no matter what i did. I ran it down to about 1/4 tank of gas and put 2 bottles of rubbing alcohol in the gas tank, and it passed with flying colors....ran pretty damn well too. Run it through emissions first though, you MIGHT pass, who knows. If not, you could either replace the o2 sensor or use rubbing alochol
            1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
            4.0L I-6 2WD
            293k miles, still running strong.
            Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Working...
            X