Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Idle when put in Drive or reverse? No surging.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Idle when put in Drive or reverse? No surging.

I'm having a idle problem. The idle is fine when the car is in P or N, but when I put it in R or D the idle goes up to 1500 and stays there. When it is in P or N it sits perfectly around 800 no surging or anything. In D or R, the engine is pulling against the brakes which is annoying. I should ad this a mostly stock 91 SE with a CAI. I did have a surging issue before, after warming up and then putting it into P it would surge. But that is gone now.
    Last edited by D-rock615; 06-02-2013, 12:58 AM.

- IACV / FITV cleaning
    - fix ignition timing ... not base idle !!

Comment

I just got done cleaning the IACV out with carb & throttle cleaner real good. I also decided to bypass the FITV while I was at it, I just removed the coolant lines to the FITV and have the coolant going through the IACV. I wasnt sure if I should've left the coolant off of the IACV. Now the idle still revs up to 1300 to 1500 rpm when it is put into gear. And then when I put it back into Park it surges up and down. It wasn't surgeing before. Do you guys think the coolant needs to be bled now? And if so, how should I do that? I don't want to buy coolant if I don't have to. My radiator is full.

Comment

UPDATE. I bled the coolant and I still have the same problem. I'm thinking about takeing the coolant off of the IACV also. any other ideas.

Comment

bump

Comment

Problem fixed. Just wanted to give an update. Don"t cap the "air boost valve". I capped it off, because it was just sitting there not hooked up to anything since I got the CAI. Well that caused the idle problem, when I removed the cap and let it breath, no more idle problem.

Comment

Working...
            X