The cause of this noise (VIDEO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cause of this noise (VIDEO)

Hey guys, this noise has been appearing at idle sometimes and at 1900-2000 rpm. Any ideas for the source?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCh6fiiSSXw

That noise sounds similar to sound I heard when my assistant overcharged the A/C system of an aircraft while I was in the cockpit running the engine. The sound was still there for some time even the pressure/charge was corrected. Three years later, now, I don't hear that sound. Thank, God.

You could use a long screw driver as a stethoscope to know where this sound of yours is coming from.

Good luck.
    Last edited by oyajicool; 06-02-2013, 02:02 AM.
    A&P-IA

Comment

kinda sounds like a heatshield vibrating off an on.

I had a similar issue with my catalytic converter heatshield rattling at a certain RPM a while back.

It could be the inner heatshield of your header if you still have that, or the cat heatshield.

Another thing is there's a support bracket underneath the engine that bolts the downpipe to the block...check that. That can get loose overtime and rattle as well.

OR it could also be your cooling fans, if one of those 10mm nuts isn't tight, the metal fan shield can rattle away. Basically, check anything that's thing metal attached to something in that area.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Haven't found it yet but hopefully I will have some more time to look for it soon

Comment

Check to see if anything is close to the fan blades (if either of the fans was running in the video).
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X