Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to buy rod bearings .25 UNDERSIZED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to buy rod bearings .25 UNDERSIZED?

yup need stock sized rod bearings but in .25 undersized for my motor.i called acl but they dont have any..im stumped..i dont wanna have the crank cut cause its fine and will cost me about $200 and change...yes this is for my turbo bisi rod and piston combo.
    thanks

my new turbo build

OEM....change the bearing clearances by using the appropriate colour combination. This is why Honda makes 5-7 different colour bearings for the journals. You can mix and match to get the exact clearances that you want. ACL is a one size fits all bearing.... OEM is much better for custom clearances.

You will have to refer to a Honda parts manual to find the bearing colours to use to get .25 under stock size. You will have to measure your current journal size and do some calculations.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-30-2013, 09:32 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

^^ This i try my damn'est to use OEM honda bearings. Very simple color chart for the different bearing thickness, just depends on what type of clearances you are after.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

As of right now in just lookin to get it in the car and running right with out going boom. A one size fits all that's 10 under would be fine for time being. Any ideas

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
        X