Hot engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot engine

Okay check engine light in on....and everywhere I go it could be 5 min drive or 45 min drive when I shut car off fans turn on to cool down engine so appearantely my engine is getting hot but the temp gauge is on normal and coolent in the radiator is full my car has never over heated according to my temp gauge .... any suggestions?
    Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

The fans are supposed to turn on to keep the engine from getting too hot after turning the car off, that's why it says fan may cut on even when the car is off. They also turn on when your sitting in traffic because there's no air feeding into the radiator.
    Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 05-29-2013, 02:42 AM.

Comment

To check your check engine light look here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
        The fans are supposed to turn on to keep the engine from getting too hot after turning the car off, that's why it says fan may cut on even when the car is off. They also turn on when your sitting in traffic because there's no air feeding into the condenser.
        Okay I understand...how about check engine light? The car is running perfectly fine it's just annoying to see that light is on yu kno?
        Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

Its normal for the fans to turn on when the car is off after driving for a while, as for your check engine light being on check what code your ecu has stored and go from there.

CALI LIFE STYLE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatloe View Post
            Okay I understand...how about check engine light? The car is running perfectly fine it's just annoying to see that light is on yu kno?
            most probably that annoying CEL is EGR code 12

Comment

If its annoying, then see what the CEL is. If everything is fine, who cares check the CEL.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The CEL has nothing to do with the heat of the engine. The fan running is normal. If the temp gauge is functional, and not showing that the engine is overheating... then the engine is not overheating.
                If you mean anything other than that, you might want to try typing more clearly, because you are pretty damn difficult to understand. If we can't understand you, we can't help you.

Comment

I don't mean to jack this thread but I was wondering if its normal when you have the engine off that the fans turn on intermittently for about 5 or 10 seconds at a time. Like, they don't stay on but will turn on for about that time, then turn off and randomly come back on.
                  “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                  ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

For a short time after turning the car off, yes, I believe that is normal. If it continues for more than a few minutes, then there may be a problem.

Comment

Sometimes if you turn off your car and your fans run right away, play with the coolant temp sensor at the upper neck. If it turns on and off the fan then you have a small issue there, either a bad connector of some sort
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                        Sometimes if you turn off your car and your fans run right away, play with the coolant temp sensor at the upper neck. If it turns on and off the fan then you have a small issue there, either a bad connector of some sort
                        Sometimes when i turn off the car after a drive, the fans run right away for a few minutes then shut off ... I thought it was normal, isn't it?

Other times when I turn off the car they dont run, however if i re-turn the key to the ON position, they turn on right away then I turn it to the off position and the fans turn off again

Comment

I should of re-worded it. It is normal.

I had a weird issue with my plug and it would run even after 5 minutes of idling, my culprit was that connector.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                            I should of re-worded it. It is normal.

I had a weird issue with my plug and it would run even after 5 minutes of idling, my culprit was that connector.
                            OH YEAH ....just found it TODAY !! what a coincidence that was ... and horrifying too !! NO CEL !!! ... DAMN !!!

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
                              OH YEAH ....just found it TODAY !! what a coincidence that was ... and horrifying too !! NO CEL !!! ... DAMN !!!
                              No shit lol.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X