Heart Transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart Transplant

I'm sure this has been asked over and over, but a search didn't help me much. So, forgive me if this is an over asked question. I think my main bearing in my F22A1 is going out, so I need to get a new engine soon. I went to a salvage yard this morning, and they had a '94 V-Tech engine and tranny. I told the guy I would need the computer and wireing harness as well, if I got it. He said he still had the computer and harness. I think I have seen a few members here that have swapped in this type of set-up. My question is, can it be done, and how hard is it? What is involved in this kind of swap? Would I be better off to find an F22A6 and use it? Thankx in advance!
    Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    get an f22a6/ecu and you'll be way better off, simpler, cheaper, about the same power
    I figured as much. Thankx, fizz! Anyone have any ideas on where I could find a good A6? I'm checking with a company that "specializes" in Japanese engines and transmissions that claims to have an F22A6 for a '91-'93 Accord EX-R... Never heard of an EX-R! Is there such a thing?
    Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

i have an f22a6 for cheap

i have one i just took out of my 93 accord ex for a 94 vtec swap, which ill eventually boost. the old motor was good. it had 75k when i got it. taken out has about 99k with new timing belt when i got it. also have ecu.
      i can sell it to you for 150+shipping with ecu, but i dont have the brakets for alternator or power steering, but im sure you can reuse your old ones. i can take pics if your interested. there was no problems with the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNova92LX
        I figured as much. Thankx, fizz! Anyone have any ideas on where I could find a good A6? I'm checking with a company that "specializes" in Japanese engines and transmissions that claims to have an F22A6 for a '91-'93 Accord EX-R... Never heard of an EX-R! Is there such a thing?
        EX-R is only canadian cb7s and i think some up close to the border like people crossing it to sell cars over here have found them around..
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

EX-R? wtf is that? .... oh wait i have one.... and yes it has an f22a6
          ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So, any differances in the HP of the EX and EX-R?

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
              i have one i just took out of my 93 accord ex for a 94 vtec swap, which ill eventually boost. the old motor was good. it had 75k when i got it. taken out has about 99k with new timing belt when i got it. also have ecu.
              i can sell it to you for 150+shipping with ecu, but i dont have the brakets for alternator or power steering, but im sure you can reuse your old ones. i can take pics if your interested. there was no problems with the motor.
              Sent 'ya a PM!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNova92LX
                So, any differances in the HP of the EX and EX-R?

I gots exr too... DRL and everything woot

Comment

Working...
                X