TV cable too short on H22 transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV cable too short on H22 transmission

This post is referring to a CD5 (96 accord EX) but the CD5 forum is glitchy and won't let me register, so I was thinking it should be fine to inquire a solution to my problem here since all of these transmissions are basically the same design. If not, would a moderator please let me know?

I recently went to a japanese motor import warehouse and picked up a new automatic transmission to replace the faulty one on an F22B motor in this Accord. They gave me an H22 transmission telling me they are identical. So I believed them and installed it. Well, for some reason, the TV cable is like half an inch too short now and is maxed out in its loosening adjustment. I really don't understand why, and if I hook it up it is going to pull the lever up by half an inch, which is WAY too far out of adjustment. It doesn't really make sense, unless the H22 transmission uses a longer TV cable? I've tried researching on this subject and it seems nobody has had this issue. I checked around the TV cable and nothing is holding it up. Any ideas?

I'm also disappointed that I was misinformed about the H22 transmission and its differences. The gears are shorter and driving on the freeway really revs up the engine...

Originally posted by Flyingsheep View Post
    This post is referring to a CD5 (96 accord EX) but the CD5 forum is glitchy and won't let me register, so I was thinking it should be fine to inquire a solution to my problem here since all of these transmissions are basically the same design. If not, would a moderator please let me know?

I recently went to a japanese motor import warehouse and picked up a new automatic transmission to replace the faulty one on an F22B motor in this Accord. They gave me an H22 transmission telling me they are identical. So I believed them and installed it. Well, for some reason, the TV cable is like half an inch too short now and is maxed out in its loosening adjustment. I really don't understand why, and if I hook it up it is going to pull the lever up by half an inch, which is WAY too far out of adjustment. It doesn't really make sense, unless the H22 transmission uses a longer TV cable? I've tried researching on this subject and it seems nobody has had this issue. I checked around the TV cable and nothing is holding it up. Any ideas?

I'm also disappointed that I was misinformed about the H22 transmission and its differences. The gears are shorter and driving on the freeway really revs up the engine...

so..dbl check the car the transmission came from, the brackets on the TB could be configured differently, want a pic of the h22s bracket to compare yours against. I got my gf a cd5 and yeah its basically the same block and trans but things are way different from a CB one min..

Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Yep, looks the same. The transmission is also from a CD5. Not sure which year. Also can't look at the engine it came from. They get them from japan. Definitely re-checked everything. The TV cable is in the right spot on the TB. However, can somebody post a picture of where their TV cable adjustment is? In the factory illustration it looks different than the bracket on both of these transmissions so I'm really curious about that.

Comment

Yep, looks the same. The transmission is also from a CD5. Not sure which year. Also can't look at the engine it came from. They get them from japan. Definitely re-checked everything. The TV cable is in the right spot on the TB. However, can somebody post a picture of where their TV cable adjustment is? In the factory illustration it looks different than the bracket on both of these transmissions so I'm really curious about that.
        hmm.. seems someone else has the same problem
        http://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ba-bb-ca...ckdown-524605/

Comment

That person has a modification setup which makes it a whole lot different. I'm talking about stock parts not fitting stock parts for whatever reason

Comment

That person has a modification setup which makes it a whole lot different. I'm talking about stock parts not fitting stock parts for whatever reason
            doesnt make it a whole lot different when its the same transmission and he's about as short in cable as you are... maybe the forks on the transmission are different..good luck

Comment

That's what I was wondering. I'm calling them tomorrow. They told me that this transmission is fully compatible. Looks like it's not and they misinformed me. I wish people thought about what they were telling a customer for a second when they are about to spend a lot of hours and labor on installing something like that.

Comment

Well guys, I thought I'd come back and give an update so that whoever finds this thread might find this helpful.

Basically I took it to a transmission shop, told them what was going on, and they fixed it in 30 minutes by bending the lever up to where it should be. So it was bent like I predicted. It now shifts like butter. Except it seems to hesitate while shifting to 4th for half a second sometimes. Hopefully that's just the ECU recalculating, I guess we'll see. Anyways, thanks everyone for the responses.

Comment

Working...
                X