Clutch line ? Stock or braided SS line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch line ? Stock or braided SS line?

Ok, So this is almost the last thing I need to get my 5 speed swap started. I have 2 options, buy a Stock clutch line from Honda which will run me $114. not including shipping, or get a braided SS line. If I go that way I don't know what size diameter line to get and how long the line will need to be. I know there are some guys on here that have done the braided line before so I'm hoping they can chime in and help me out here.

He is a pic on the clutch line I need:
    Its # 13 in the pic

Thanks!

Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
    CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
    Coupe MRT

Not sure if a 5th gen line would work, it should but check this out. Member here is selling one.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177178

Comment

I have one. I think it was 7 feet, 10mm swivel on one end and a 12mm swivel 90 elbow on the other end.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by KanYarK View Post
        Not sure if a 5th gen line would work, it should but check this out. Member here is selling one.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177178
        Thanks for the link, I posted in the tread to see if he had it.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
        I have one. I think it was 7 feet, 10mm swivel on one end and a 12mm swivel 90 elbow on the other end.
        I think we talked about this before, I might know where I can get one. Thanks for the specs, I'm gonna use then to see if this place can help me.

^click for MRT^
        CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
        Coupe MRT

Comment

Well I might be going with this!!

http://www.maperformance.com/maperfo...p_9200ccl.html

^click for MRT^
          CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
          Coupe MRT

Comment

I paid almost twice that for mine. I couldn't find a pre made one. Good deal!
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Lol! best part is that there local and do great work! super excited!

^click for MRT^
              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
              Coupe MRT

Comment

Rywire also makes one just for the prelude/accord.

Comment

Originally posted by BRcb7tuner View Post
                  I was just going to post the same thing, here's a link:

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/rywire...ine-p-124.html

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by BRcb7tuner View Post
                    I just installed that on my own car. Fits perfect, installed easily, no leaks. $75 (there are cheaper lines to be had), but I feel it was worth the price for the quality product.

MUCH easier than trying to install a new hard line!

Also, RyWire shipped that thing to my door really fast! (unlike me... Brian, your shirt will be mailed today... I really suck! )

Comment

yea go with a braided line. it gives you brownie points whenever you open up the hood. Goes well with a deleted brake booster.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Plus, it bypasses that idiotic clutch damper that really makes no sense!

Comment

I would opt for a custom hard line over braided line. A small section of braided line between the engine and chassis is required for engine movement. But I would not replace the entire line with braided ones.

Sure a flexible braided line is an easy way to replace lines. There are no performance advantages of braided lines over SS hard lines. If you do opt for braided lines make sure they are made of materials compatible with your fluids and line pressure.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The braided line that I have provides plenty of room for movement. It's short enough not to catch on anything, and long enough to allow for engine movement. More movement is allowed with the braided line than with the hard line, in fact (not that it matters... if your engine moves that much, you have problems!)

Comment

What I was trying to say was that the shorter the flex line/braided line you have. The better your clutch feedback will be. You only need a few inches of flex line to take up the engines movement. I will be using standard SS hard lines bent into place and using a small flex line between the chassis and engine. I will be removing the useless dampener as well.

All this being said, on a daily driver you may not even notice the difference between 100% braided line and hard lines.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X