Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the new STAR smog check in CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
    I would give up this communist state before I give up my CB7! Gonna hang out with my wang out, and rock out with my cock out! You'll never take me alive, you bastaaaards!

Seriously though. What's throwing off your readings is the Seafoam. If you put a certain amount into your gas tank to rid the moisture, you have to let ALL OF THE Seafoam-diluted GAS burn off completely and top off with 87 octane gas since it was designed to run off that octane only. (Unless you have an H22 or H23, only then will you need 91.)

.Im movin out of Cowlickcuntya! This state has become too much of a tree hugger with all these smog standards. I mean come on, look at L.A.'s smog filled air! Its been like that since even before cars were even created! And now they (the politicians) have just decided to pull this out of their ass?!? Please....

Im already done installing my exhaust and Magnaflow cat. Ive done my f#€kin' part to save the earth...
    Hurry up and get the fuck out of my state.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I take it youre from that area...? Oh trust you n I, Ive sat on that damned north 5 for three hours at 2 miles an hour just tryin to pass through to get to the Yay area. You couldnt pay me enough to live in that mutha-fahja... lol
      Your sig is silly, people run and lose too.

Option #3
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Current California emissions limitations

NO - max - 490ppm
        HC - max - 60ppm

get your new cat. make sure theres no leak in between head and cat. with everything else youve stated, you should make it.

Comment

Where do you live at? I live in Fullerton, and it ain't that low dude.
          Check my recent smog check report. It's the same values as when I test it 2 and 4 years ago. Nothing lowered. The values did dropped big time from when I bought the car at the end of 2007 and 2009 when I had it smog again. Big drop, almost half. Check my posted reports on page 1.

Originally posted by JusAlil4Banger View Post

Current California emissions limitations

NO - max - 490ppm
          HC - max - 60ppm

get your new cat. make sure theres no leak in between head and cat. with everything else youve stated, you should make it.

Comment

By the way guys, my car passed easily today. It is in brand new condition. Check out the report on page one.
            So how do I get my CO% down at 25mph?
            Last edited by Bad_dude; 05-13-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
              Where do you live at? I live in Fullerton, and it ain't that low dude.
              Check my recent smog check report. It's the same values as when I test it 2 and 4 years ago. Nothing lowered. The values did dropped big time from when I bought the car at the end of 2007 and 2009 when I had it smog again. Big drop, almost half. Check my posted reports on page 1.
              Well thats some BS.... those are definetly not the standards where i am at, and im in LA county. at least you passed though. right on.

Comment

Congrats on the pass, but since you're already passed, why mess around more with it?

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  Hurry up and get the fuck out of my state.
                  Trust me, I'd be outta here in a heartbeat, but until Uncle Sam gives me all my free government cheese for all the injuries I suffered from Iraq, I can't go nowhere yet...

I'm kinda like this guy down here... Broken, Broke, and Bald
                  Last edited by Accord1320; 05-16-2013, 07:39 PM.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Trust me, I'd be outta here in a heartbeat, but until Uncle Sam gives me all my free government cheese for all the injuries I suffered from Iraq, I can't go nowhere yet...

I'm kinda like this guy down here... Broken, Broke, and Bald
                    yea my buddy said he wouldve moved to texas and live like a king but the money is in california so i stay where the money is at.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      yea my buddy said he wouldve moved to texas and live like a king but the money is in california so i stay where the money is at.
                      That may be true but all of us Californians are just paying for the weather too...

Is there a state that ISN'T so anal about smog laws...?

Comment

actually my volkswagen is registered in a different county where it doesn't require smog. good weather, better bud (and its legal) and no smog. come at me bro.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

I am just happy that I passed so easily.

Comment

I just had my smog done today and passed with no probs

I added some Lucas Engine Treatment stuff (they sell it at Autozone at the counter) on top of everything else: oil change, clean the air filter, checked spark plugs to see if they firing clean (even though number 2 had a little bit of oil on the end), and no air in the cooling system PERIOD.

Comment

Congrats.

I just had my smog done today and passed with no probs

I added some Lucas Engine Treatment stuff (they sell it at Autozone at the counter) on top of everything else: oil change, clean the air filter, checked spark plugs to see if they firing clean (even though number 2 had a little bit of oil on the end), and no air in the cooling system PERIOD.

Comment

In Washington state any vehicle that is 25 years old or older doesn't have to pass emissions. Our CBs are getting there.

Comment

Working...
                                X