idle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle?

ok i have a question is it normal for my car to idle at 800-900 rpm?
    also when i started to rev my engine it dropped down to like 300-400 then it started going back up to ,800-900 please help me thanks

I have the same problem with my '93 lx. It runs at 700 or 800s, somtimes even at 900(but rarely) but it fluctuates after long drives, it stumbles down to 500 or 400s when I stop at a light. Someone told me that my O2 sensor is bad and thats why my RPM acts up?? Still not sure but would also some insight fromthe PROs.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i had the same exact problem, i cleaned my throttle body and re-adjusted my idle and its perfect now...easiest basic tune up ive done besides changing the air filter.

^sold

Comment

How do you adjust the idle?
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
          How do you adjust the idle?
          welp what you would first does it locate the AIC, its a little black box looking thing on the front on the intake, thats you main focus...

Tools needed: Flat head screwdriver

1.start up car, get it to normal operating temp.
          after she is nice and crispy like

2.make sure the car is in park in an auto/ or in nuetral with a manual.
          while the car is still running

3. unplug the electrical conector from the AIC(if idle is bad it will get a nasty vibration and seem like its gonna stall, its normal)

4. after its the connecter is unpluged from the AIC start to turn the screw on the throttle body to get what idle speed you want it at, righty tighty= less air/left loosy= more air...and keep checkin back and forth in the car to see how high the rpm's are and how low the are

5. after you get it at about 600-800rpms (mines at about 900 just because lol), TURN OFF the car and plug the connector back in

6. take out the 7.5 spare fuse thats in the fuse box in the engine bay and wait for about 15 seconds, and then put it back in, then fire her up.

seems like a lot of steps, but its quite easy.
          Last edited by lowoctane; 04-04-2005, 12:55 AM.

^sold

Comment

Thanx alot dude, but I went out and bought myself a manual and took a shot at it today. It now idles a little less than 800 RPMs whish is better than B4. I havent seen any fluctuation like b4 so I guess I did a OK job. I'll keep checking and see if it stays that way.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X