How to carry snowboards without rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to carry snowboards without rack

I need to find a way to mount two snowboards on my car. I cannot fit them In the trunk or flip the seat down to fit them in my car because I will have people In my back seat. Has anybody successfully done this, or has ideas on how to do this. Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks!

Lay down a banket. Tie it down with rope through the OPEN doors (don't do it closed). Then put the snowboards on and tie them down. Keep the doors open. Just make sure you really tie it all down.

Comment

I have fit five people and snow boards inside an 91 carolla. They just need to realize comfort is secondary to getting to have fun. Three boards up the middle and one on each side of the front seats. You load the boards first then tell them to get in. As crazy as I am I think I wouldent put them on my roof without a rack though.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

well i'm taking my girlfriend and her little sisters so they kind of have to be on the roof. haha idk ill just figure something out. i was just wondering if anybody has successfully transported snowboards on a roof without a rack. ill just use tow straps and stuff.

Comment

I have done that with 4 people driving from the metro area up to Copper Mountain. Pull the front seat all the way forward, recline it all the way back, have your 3 passengers sit in the rear. Place snowboards in front passenger seat angled towards the rear passenger door. If you boards are no longer than 160cm, you should be fine.

Comment

In that case just make sure the doors are open when you tie down, I would love to snow board in Colorado, we slide down ice hills here in Ohio.
            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

put the girls on the roof

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
                put the girls on the roof
                ^

Have you considered in investing in a ski rack? I know ikinda looks funky on our cb7s, and could also be a bit pricey for a rack, but it saves the PITA of trying to fit your boards AND passengers at the same time. I got mine from a dude on craigslist for a bargain and use it only when I take friends along on Big Bear trips in the snow seasons...

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

alright well everything worked out and the boards didnt fall off. i originally had the straps through the front doors, but i completely forgot about the auto seat belts. i was getting ready to leave and the seat belts didnt work. haha but here's a pic.

Comment

Working...
                  X