f22a vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a vtec

is it possible to take an f22ax and add the vtec bits?

i understand there is an f22b with vtec but it is not as reliable as the f22a. i want to just change the valve train and keep the f22a head.

is this possible?
    visit vgruk

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
    is it possible to take an f22ax and add the vtec bits?

i understand there is an f22b with vtec but it is not as reliable as the f22a. i want to just change the valve train and keep the f22a head.

is this possible?
    I wouldnt think so.
    The whole head is designed differently.
    How, I do not know.
    Just judging where the spark plug locations tells me that its completly different.

Comment

There is no place to put the vtec solenoid or pressure switch so no not as it sits. Maybe with very extensive machining and very deep pockets. But in the end it would be cheaper to do a swap.

Comment

who or where did you read the usdm f22b's are not reliable?
        The only thing you should get out of the f22b threads is it doesnt have as much potential in stock form as the f22a heads, the blocks are the same minus the b1 having no oil control orifice.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
        X