No announcement yet.

Changed to Honda MTF - 3rd gear grinding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used half mtf and half synchromesh for 40k miles changing the fluid every 7500 miles. it never failed me and kept my tranny lasting
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It's probably the first fluid change EVER! What did the old fluid look like?

I've never used Honda MTF, but I've always had good luck with GM Synchromesh.

Comment

My LX had 10w30 for a long time. Past due for change for sure. Started to feel a little resistance in a gear or two.
        Called Penzoil tech support. He said their product is not for my car. Told him about rumors and stories that are going around on Honda forums. He said "see, that's the problem". Insisted to use 10w30.
        Anyways, I had a bottle of 10w30 on the shelf so I went to buy synchromesh in an yellow bottle from parts store. I wanted to see how it goes myself. Synchromesh went in first and then 10w30 to finish.
        This was last year. Probably less than 5K miles ago. Not for sure.
        I really don't feel difference in how it shifts. No change. No better or no worse. Sure, this is not GM stuff. Sure, I didn't go full bore with the stuff. So there's a room for anyone to stick it to me.

The drain plug was magnetic.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
        X