No announcement yet.

Got ticket for Cat back exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i run a quarter wave resonator on my subaru because it resonated really bad at highway speeds. it actually killed the noise at all rpms however my exhaust is turned down.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Have you checked your laws to see EXACTLY what they say?

Comment

Bumble bee tuna can on a DD

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129 View Post
          Welding a resonator looks like a of work with the cutting and welding and whatnot, I would have to pay someone to do it. I do have a silencer like the one you have (solid) but I heard those don't actually work... unless you get the longer resonator like you said.

EDIT:

Listen to this farty, fart, fart can.. Its the same exhaust as mine (same company) with the same silencer. Listen to the insanely loud raspiness, its horrible, lol. No way that's going in my car.

Guy said,

lmao using my videos. never said it was good or bad, it was a "audio review" on DNA Motoring's / KO Speeds t304 header to muffler set. It did not have a cat at that time and the "silencer" thing you put into the flatus cannon made it even worse. once that was out it wasnt as high pitched but still as raspy as a 2 pack a day ten cent whore. That whole kit was like 150 bucks so I didnt give a rats ass about the sound till the pigs started harassing moi

Comment

Just add a resonator. Like vibrant. I have an Greddy SP2 muffler with a 18" vibrant resonator. I don't get attention from companys anymore *knocks on wood* As long as its under 90 decibels here in cali its not a problem.
            MY MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
              lmao using my videos. never said it was good or bad, it was a "audio review" on DNA Motoring's / KO Speeds t304 header to muffler set. It did not have a cat at that time and the "silencer" thing you put into the flatus cannon made it even worse. once that was out it wasnt as high pitched but still as raspy as a 2 pack a day ten cent whore. That whole kit was like 150 bucks so I didnt give a rats ass about the sound till the pigs started harassing moi
              That was your video? lol. Mine with the cat sounds really good and isn't raspy except maybe when its cold. And I wasn't dissing the exhaust just the silencer, it made it sound bad.

I wanna know if this type of muffler off the stock EX/SE will sound raspy / loud with the type of exhaust system already installed. I just ordered this from ebay at an excellent cost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350669381764...S:1123&vxp=mtr

What do you think? I'm gonna put that at the end of the exhaust I already have on it, the same one that you had in the video. I also have DNA headers too. And I have a new catalytic converter too. Those are the higher flow mufflers they have for the SE/EX, so I know it'll flow decently, I just wanna know what it will sound like with the system I already have on it...
              Last edited by Mishakol129; 01-25-2013, 11:38 PM.
              “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
              ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Im glad I dont live were you live I run around with a strait pipe no resernator and a gutted cat.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                  I think Im buying the header and test pipe on ebay real soon, or maybe the kit with the "intake" for 220. not sure yet. I kinda like my muffler right now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
                    Im glad I dont live were you live I run around with a strait pipe no resernator and a gutted cat.
                    shit imma be running header test pipe and fart can. Im sure its going to be loud but oh well. I have 9 months to buy another cat and by then I hope to have a nicer resonator and a good muffler

The previous owner installed a fart cannon but it sounds good no lie! I think its probably a good knock off or a real name brand. Ill take pics of it one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129 View Post
                      That was your video? lol. Mine with the cat sounds really good and isn't raspy except maybe when its cold. And I wasn't dissing the exhaust just the silencer, it made it sound bad.

I wanna know if this type of muffler off the stock EX/SE will sound raspy / loud with the type of exhaust system already installed. I just ordered this from ebay at an excellent cost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350669381764...S:1123&vxp=mtr

What do you think? I'm gonna put that at the end of the exhaust I already have on it, the same one that you had in the video. I also have DNA headers too. And I have a new catalytic converter too. Those are the higher flow mufflers they have for the SE/EX, so I know it'll flow decently, I just wanna know what it will sound like with the system I already have on it...
                      It will be quiet and what noise it makes will be raspy. I had the exact same one on a 92 lx coupe I had a few years ago. It was for my birthday from my dad who didnt want me to have a fart can exhaust and the exhaust was rusted off so he bought me that one.

Since your running it with a crapy resonator (the one that came with the ebay catback) it will be even more raspy and a little louder.

And it wont flow as well as an ex/se exhaust. The only thing it has in common with the ex/se exhaust is the dual tip muffler. Not like it matters since you dont have a lot of modifactions.

As myself and others told you, you had more options that would be better all around without breaking the bank. But if you like the style and sound then Im glad your happy and enjoy it.

It will do the job of not getting you pulled over though. But thats about it.

EDIT: And I forgot to tell you that those pipes are going to stick out a bit.

Comment

go get an OEM style Walker from rock auto. they make good mufflers and the price is good to
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                          shit imma be running header test pipe and fart can. Im sure its going to be loud but oh well. I have 9 months to buy another cat and by then I hope to have a nicer resonator and a good muffler

The previous owner installed a fart cannon but it sounds good no lie! I think its probably a good knock off or a real name brand. Ill take pics of it one day.
                          The CB in my sig is header, test pipe to fart can. It has a real deep tone under 4000rpm with very little rasp. If you bog it a little and shift under 4000rpm it resembles a Subaru.

Over 4k its pretty raspy. It got even more raspy up top when I added the H23 IM with IABs.
                          Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-26-2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

This proves to me that having the cat converter is not only good for environment but also good for exhaust sound. Quiet down a little.
                            I have the same cat back along with eBay header on my LX and doesn't sound like that on the video.
                            A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                              go get an OEM style Walker from rock auto. they make good mufflers and the price is good to
                              I just ordered one from Ebay that is good quality and its in the same state too so shipping is a day away.

I've got another question though. When i'm taking gasket off the old cat back muffler I know the gasket is not going to be in very great shape. Should I get another gasket like this one or can I just use high temp copper RTV on it? Its the farthest away from the headers so I figure the heat won't be nearly as hot... I also need to know if this uses the ring type gaskets or the flat type (as in the link). It appears to use the flat type.

And what will the piping size difference be? My exhaust is 2.25 inches, is this one 2"? Will this affect the fitment of the pipes?
                              Last edited by Mishakol129; 01-27-2013, 01:02 AM.
                              “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                              ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Yes you will need a gasket.

RTV will not work.

The link you posted is for 2.5" flanges. That will not work.

Your eBay catback is more than likely 2.5". The exhaust you bought is a 2" or 2.25" at the biggest.

People have tried to help you and give you some good info but it seems like your not listening to everyone. Now I’m pretty sure what you have going on isn’t going to work because the pipes are diffrent sizes. So it wont bolt together.

If you take it to an exhaust shop and have that axle back welded on its going to choke the exhaust down big time.

Good luck with it and I hope you get it figured out. Getting pulled over sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X