axle nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axle nut

doesnt any one kno what size the axle nut it so i can get it off the wheel hub??

36mm

damn 10char limit

Comment

You would be psychotic to try and work on your steering/braking/suspension components without a set of good air tools. Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
        You would be psychotic to try and work on your steering/braking/suspension components without a set of good air tools. Just my opinion
        Very true 80% of all the bolts/nuts are rusted and require much strength

Comment

i didnt use any air tools when i changed the axles on my car.....

Comment

wow.. youre cool.

Comment

if you get stuck with them , use a tourk(sp?) wrench and the axle nut..

what i did is raised my jack to the highth of the axle nut and rested the wrench head on the jack for support , then stood on the end of the wrench and bounced a bit... it came loose .... ( remember it goes in the opisit direction for loosining the axle nut )

god damn i cant spell worth shit..

Comment

thanks mista lol dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  they're softies though....probably need a lift and oil filter wrench to change their oil too........we're real men

and leverage owns you all.....you can get well over 300 lbs of pressure with a bar and pipe......guess what....an air gun is just under half as strong......

dont forget support ... it owns j00... without it your socket wont stay on your nutz

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                    WTF gun are you using?
                    My cordless electric gets just under 100...my air gets ~350, and my 3/4" air gets...well....plenty.

I use pipes at work all the time. 2000 ft/lbs easy. I use a long pipe!

u use long pipe me love you long time!

Comment

god i just love this site

Comment

yea i used a air gun came off with no problem thanx...thanx god for air compressors

Comment

You could have used a breaker bar witht he 36mm half inch socket breakerbar and it would have come off too. Because not everyone can have an air compressor you know but whatever works,works good shit.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            You could have used a breaker bar witht he 36mm half inch socket breakerbar and it would have come off too. Because not everyone can have an air compressor you know but whatever works,works good shit.
                            thats what i did, i was too far away from the air compressor (we had trucks in the spots closer ) but teh breaker bar got it like the first time, to stop the rotor from moving just place a crowbar between 2 of the studs, and brace it on teh ground. . . wont move an inch
                            -Mark-
                            CB7
                            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

why not just take the center cap off on the wheel, and take it off with the car still on the ground, worked well for me.. standing on a breaker bar, just broke 2 screw drivers trying to bend the damn notch up
                              dirty accord->
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
                              crappy website

Comment

Working...
                              X