ok to take apart intake manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok to take apart intake manifold?

I was thinking instead of cleaning the egr ports via those little plugs, rather taking out the whole intake manifold thing, throttle body,etc and clean everything up very nice and inspect it, is this hard to do and can i screw anything up by doing this is it advised thanks.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Its not very hard to do, just make shure to be carefuk when removing the vacume line dont pull to hard

Comment

actually dude i just took my intake manifold, throttle body, and intake plenum off just like two weeks ago to clean it out..and its not really hard at all...if i was to pick the hardest part about the project i would have to say its getting the lower intake manifold bolts off....cause you have to get under the car and get a stupid socket and wrench up there somehow....but still its not hard at all. but good luck.....and hey while you have it off you better change all the gaskets.....just get an Intake manifold gasket set($9.99), EGR gasket($.49), throttle body gasket($1.99) and then while you have your injectors out you might was well get all new seals and rings for them..the seal kit for EACH injector is like $7.99..so you looking at like $40 bucks for the gaskets and what not...then i would buy about three cans of carb cleaner..which they are like $.97 at wal-mart............and good luck man.

Comment

thats cool are jack stands enough to raise it?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

do you not have a normal jack?? if not then i have no idea if jack stands are enough...i dont use jack stands so i have no idea how high they go..

Comment

my diy on this site has some info and pics

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
            X