Question about a connector/wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a connector/wire

I just discovered this while replacing my strut rod bushings today. Crawled under the car just to check things out and saw this green connector with a black and red wire. The red wire was broken already and when I went to unplug it, the black one crumbled as well due to corrosion.

I eventually repaired the connector by soldering on a spare I had on, but I'm just curious as to what it's purpose is for.

I was thinking it might be cruise control related? or maybe clutch related for the clutch switch? but I'm not sure. I'm thinking this may be why, when I went to fix my cruise control after my auto to 5spd swap, it didn't work after wiring in the clutch switch and wiring.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

that is the power connector for Honda's secret turbo mode. you now have 100 more HP

really though...looks like it plugs into the PS lines? maybe a temp sensor?
    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
      that is the power connector for Honda's secret turbo mode. you now have 100 more HP

does it tie into the cruise control operation at all? I'm trying to make my CC work and I did all the work to convert it, including wiring and couldn't figure out why it never worked. But if this has something to do with it, then I'll reattempt all that wiring and headache to make it work.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
        The power steering doesnt need or have a temp sensor.

It lookes like the power steering pressure sensor off the main pressure line. When the power steering is under a high load and the switch activates it slightly raises the idle to compensate for the high load to keep the rpm's from dropping excessivly.
        ON_N20
        Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

I'm not sure if it would eventually tie in w/ the CC but honda calls this part the p/s pressure switch. You need more p/s pressure/assist @ low speed than @ high speed. This valve limits the amount of pressure going down to the rack. I'm thinking the speed input comes from the VSS, still not sure if that would tie into the CC at all though

Comment

ok cool thanks for everyone's help. So far I don't notice anything different about the car when driving....which is good i guess?

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
            X