odometer stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odometer stopped working

When i bought my car my odometer was stuck at 169xxx, and my trip doesnt work either. However my tach, speedo, fuel, temp, etc all work just fine. I was doing some reading online and i found that the only way to fix it is to replace the cluster. I don't really want to have to go down that route, so if anybody has any ideas/experience in fixing this issue i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

weird how some of us have the same problem all at once. its your vss

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

its not his vss. his speedo still works
      visit vgruk

Comment

Check your cluster if any cable is loose.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Will i have to remove my entire cluster to check the cables?

Comment

yes. remove the trim around it and you will see the connections
            visit vgruk

Comment

ok so basically remove the trim then make sure the connections are ok? If they are, what route do i need to take to make it work?

Comment

Oh yah. My bad.

I would say if the connections are all good not corroded or loose pins or anything, maybe check the board. That was my problem. That our maybe theres like a dead bug in the gears or something lol. I know on my cluster if I bump the button that clears the trip miles sometimes it gets stuck so they can be touchy.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

This is a dumb question but what do you mean "check the board?" And how would i got about "checking the board?" ha

Comment

Well with my problem I took out the cluster took off the white back plastic plate. Like 5 screws (one is in the center I missed it at first) and 3 clips holding it on. Then check if the circuits are burnt.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Well i removed all of the plastic around it and everything was plugged in and seemed ok. So basically if i went to the junkyard, grabbed a working cluster, then plugged it all in my odo should technically work?

Comment

Well the odo on that jy cluster yes. Idk if you can swap the clocks or if you would even want to since that is the part that isn't working. Sucks man

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I was hoping to just find one with about the same mileage. just gonna make sure my odometer doesnt appear to be "rolled back".

Comment

Originally posted by michael6593 View Post
                            I was hoping to just find one with about the same mileage. just gonna make sure my odometer doesnt appear to be "rolled back".
                            Just keep a record of both and show as proof to the DMV. It's worked for me.
                            Real simple to just get another entire cluster at the JY.. plug n play.
                            Be carefull that you get the correct cluster. EX is not the same as DX .. etc ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

whats different from the ex, dx, lx besides the fact that theyre auto and manual?

Comment

Working...
                              X