OEM Foglight Bulb options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Foglight Bulb options

I understand that our fogs use an H1 bulb. what are my options for bulb types?

right now im looking at these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/H1-12V-100w-...2157f9&vxp=mtr

they are 100 watt Xenon gas that are supposed to match my 5000k hid setup. can i run something like this and be safe?
    visit vgruk

IIRC my 91 fogs use an H3 and my 93 fogs use an H3 or H3C. Maybe its the JDM fogs that use an H3C.

I would run 35W or 55W if I were going HID with my fogs. But I don’t have any experience with HIDs so it not my place to answer that.
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-28-2012, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Here ya go. I love this thing.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1183

Comment

Yes, H3C. I don't recall seeing too many people doing HIDs in these. I've seen yellow caps, yellow bulbs, bulb conversions and maybe 3000K HIDs. Personally, I went with stock bulbs. Aimed right and I didn't need my headlights unless on the highway or back roads. Hell, they were better than my 6G fogs.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I too have seen yellow caps, yellow bulbs and yellow HIDS 3000k or 3500k. Yellow looks good IMO.

Stock bulbs in your fogs will work great. I have some H3s if you want them from my 91. They are a clearish blue color.

Luckly when I bought mine the owner of the fogs before me had them adjusted perfect.

Comment

Ditto. Mine were near spot-on. IDK if the H3 will work in the h3c. IDK. Worth a shot I guess.

Yellow fogs are cool and all but they're like having yellow highs, IMO. They look cool but unless you're in some SERIOUS fog or rain, they actually aren't so useful. IMO.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

the guy on ebay must be a dumbass. said they were h1's

i dont want to run hid's. i want to run halogens that look like hid's but not as bright. so can i run 100watt halogens?
              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                Ditto. Mine were near spot-on. IDK if the H3 will work in the h3c. IDK. Worth a shot I guess.

Yellow fogs are cool and all but they're like having yellow highs, IMO. They look cool but unless you're in some SERIOUS fog or rain, they actually aren't so useful. IMO.
                They say yellow penetrates poor conditions better. But IDK, I’ve never had the chance to use them for what they are for yet. And I don’t think Ill ever have yellow so I wont ever be able to tell personaly.

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                the guy on ebay must be a dumbass. said they were h1's

i dont want to run hid's. i want to run halogens that look like hid's but not as bright. so can i run 100watt halogens?
                IDK about the 100watt part. But the "fake" HIDS is what I have. It’s just the blueish color really. But I went with 35W so it isn’t any brighter and I imagine that that’s what you’re after.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  They say yellow penetrates poor conditions better. But IDK, I’ve never had the chance to use them for what they are for yet. And I don’t think Ill ever have yellow so I wont ever be able to tell personaly.

IDK about the 100watt part. But the "fake" HIDS is what I have. It’s just the blueish color really. But I went with 35W so it isn’t any brighter and I imagine that that’s what you’re after.
                  where did you get them?
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                    where did you get them?
                    Ebay Ill get you the link in a min.

Comment

My mistake. They are 55w. I have these new in a box. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-H3-12V-55...22f92f&vxp=mtr

Im currently using these in my 91. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokya-Arctic...158339&vxp=mtr

If I was going to go yellow Id go with these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokya-Hyper-...131cbe&vxp=mtr

Comment

Hyper Whites, most likely. They're the only halogen that I know of that have a blue hue to them. They can be found anywhere. So long as the bulb is blue, they'll be blue. Well, blue-ish.

As for the nokya yellows, avoid them. IMO. I have yellow high and I hate them. I had yellow lens covers on my fogs but removed them. Yellow just isn't as bright as you'd think.

Comment

thanks looks like i need to search better lol. i just found a 5000k pair. those should match my hid's and put out a good amount of light. im really getting fogs for look but they will really come in handy on those dark back roads. or in the rain
                          visit vgruk

Comment

Don't do HID fogs. That's about as bad an idea as running them in your highbeams. You don't, or won't, use them enough to warrant the time it takes for them to warm up. And constant on/off burns out the ballasts. Stick with halogen. Just pick a color, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                              Don't do HID fogs. That's about as bad an idea as running them in your highbeams. You don't, or won't, use them enough to warrant the time it takes for them to warm up. And constant on/off burns out the ballasts. Stick with halogen. Just pick a color, lol.
                              thats what i did. by 5000k i ment that is the color the HALOGEN bulbs will put out.
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                              X