having a weird idle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having a weird idle!

Hey guys im having a weird idle this past few days, i was having a iradic idle so i pretty muched changed the FIV cuase mine looked fubar, cleaned my throttle body cleaned the intake manifoldm, checked for leaks, adjusted the TPS.. but still nothing, checked my timming, still no luck my idle stays at 1500-2000 RPM, but on the odd time it will drop down to 700-800.. what can it be? and i already reseted the ECU many times aready
    Last edited by Huy009; 03-31-2005, 12:55 PM.

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

check your coolant temp. sensor and your coolant level. mine did the same and it turned out to be the intake manifold gasket. single them out one by one. good luck! maybe even check your MAP
    Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
    can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

coolent temp senser eh? humm you could be right.. its not working right now.. well working when it feels like it wants to work.. right now im using a aftermarket gauge but it only works when it wants to work.. (tapped it off fromt he green and yellow wire)

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

Changed the coolent temp senser changed and adjusted the IACV as well the module in front of the manifold (i have a F22B dohc) , i changed the temp senser... and still my idle stays up so high... arg... its a never ending problem and at odd times... the idle would be fine.. start her up again then it stays at 1500-200 rpm... btw.. my temp guage still does not work at all even after i changed the senser and the plug itself

Comment

fixed the problem... turned out to be the dam map senser! now my car is running smooth as ever! gawd dam.. ever since the swap and NOW it runs smooth gawd dam! say hello to good gas mileage!

Comment

but isnt our map sensor controlled by vac?? so then u changed a piece inside of the emissions box??? having a similar problem and cant figure out wtf it its 1k-2k idle surge..

all gaskets are new.. tightend down FIV... replaced IACV.. played with TPS checked all vac lines.. still to no avail.. coolant temp is working just fine.. so.. did u replace something in the emissions box? how much did it cost you?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
            X