No announcement yet.

H2U5 Tranny symptoms of failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out my clutch reservoir was also dry....
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

So it turns out that there was very little oil in the transmission to begin with. I went to put some oil and i grabbed the wrong kind (10-30w heavy duty diesel, i was in a hurry i know very big no no). I did manage to get the transmission unstuck, and now it will not go into 3rd or 5th at all. Any ideas? I am draining the oil today to replace it with full synthetic 10-30w oil.
      The CB7 Collector.
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Broken shift forks.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Broken shift forks.
          So the OD shift fork is done then. And when i say it will not go into 3rd it does like a slow grind of sorts....
          The CB7 Collector.
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Just thinking of the noise it makes via your description makes me cringe. There really is no way to know how much damage there is. How does the fluid look? If it is silver paint looking or has metal chunks you have a new transmission in your future.

Comment

If you had no oil in the transmission, don't get your hopes up on it magically working. It probably got really hot in there and a lot of damage is the likely cause for not being able to shift into 3rd or 5th.

Also, get some Honda MTF, 10w30 is old news. For about 4-5 bucks a quart you could have MUCH better transmission fluid vs. regular motor oil.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
              X