Gas pedal cable found broken or cut /H23 FIV replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas pedal cable found broken or cut /H23 FIV replacement

So I was doing the H series plenum and I broke a fitting trying to get a hose back off, not sure if its the FIV or what please tell me what it's called, it goes on the bottom of TB on H's and on front of plenum on F's I provided pics! Now where can I get this piece that broke? Can I just get the cap that unscrews? I tried my F but doesn't fit and the " cap" screws stripped. Can I get this from another car?

Heres where the fitting went

And the whole "valve" thingie

And my next question is I found this cable right by throttle cable and when I pulled it my gas pedal moved but I never noticed this cable broken. What is it and where's it go?

That is the FITV, yes you should be able to get it from another car, ie prelude. I just got the upper plenum from a h23 and the FITV is the same. Just go to the JY and get another FITV. I wouldn't trust any way you tryed to fix it. I have had two of those hoses burst this year and I don't see how that could be repaired. IN the future cut the hoses off that way you won't do that again.

The cable is the accellerator cable, it opens and closes the throttle body. They are $38 from oriellys. I cleaned my engine bay today and noticed that my cable is at its limit. Hence why I know the price.

They should both be fairly easy to fix.

steve
    Last edited by Stoner51; 10-28-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I think that is the cruise control cable, if it were the throttle cable, you would have noticed before. Lol

Comment

Cruise cable is the one on the Right.

steve

Comment

It's gotta be the cruise because I can still drive it lol and the previous owner deleted cc. Well I guess he forgot to delete that cable. That clears that up! Thanks

Now for the h23 FITV, that one pictured is my h23 one and the f22 didn't fit and h23 aren't at any j/y near me or I woulda picked up the plenum already! Would any other like newer accord or maybe b18's or sum thing

Comment

I swear that my cc was on the right when I looked today.

Sorry for the wrong info. I thought I read in the DIY that they were all interchangaable.
            In that case I would maybe get a fitting from home depot, Brass pipe fitting, tap the hole JB weld It together, Pray it holds and order another one.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
              Now for the h23 FITV, that one pictured is my h23 one and the f22 didn't fit and h23 aren't at any j/y near me or I woulda picked up the plenum already! Would any other like newer accord or maybe b18's or sum thing
              I know for a fact that a 94+ Teg LS B18B1 FITV is identical. Obviously any H22 will work. Other T/B mounted FTIV's would/could include 94-97 Accord, 95-98 Odyssey, other B series motors and even D series aswell. I would look at every single honda you can find even Legends and Vigors, you should be able to find the cap that you need.

Yours looks very oxidized, be very careful when removing other M5 screws, they really like to snap off, heat and penetrating oil are your friend.

Comment

Thanks ill have to make a trip to the j/y and check.

Comment

Working...
                X