fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel issue

Ok guys. So ive narrowed my car down to a fuel issue, but cant seem to find out what it is.

Im first going to state that it is a 93 Accord, f22a1 with a6 mani and Bisi head work. No cam, it was removed and sold a couple weeks ago. For a complete list of my engine please see my MRT. Im on my phone and cant post a link.

A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to replace my o2 sensor since im going to be driving alot back and forth from school and home. I got a Denso o2 sensor and popped it on. Car did not turn on. I tried adjusting my idle and it idled but wasted gas like crazy.I got code 43 and I was getting 200 miles to a full tank. I took it off and replaced it with my old one thinking it was defective. I took it back and got it Replaced. The same exact thing happened as the first one. Code 43 and car would run like shit. So now I have a new o2 sitting in my trunk that I cant use. The reason im posting this thread is that it only used to act up with the new o2, but it started acting up with the old o2 now. the car is idling rough and sometimes gets to the point of shutting off, but i give it some gas and it stays on. At idle the car starts to sputter, but while cruising on the highway it runs perfect.

Switched out ecu for a PT6 and a PT3 to rule that out. It didnt run with the pt3 but the pt6 does.
    I switched out my fpr and that didnt help.
    Main Relay was bought new and re sautered with new good sauter.
    IACV thinking that might have been it, and runs the same.
    Adjusted FITV also.
    Fuel filter is less than a year old and I only use 91 with the occasional octane booster.

The only thing that has been left untouched has been the original fuel pump that has 211k miles on it.

any info or advice is appreciated

-Hector

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Vacuum leak, exhaust issue or fuel pump would be my guess.

Comment

I fixed my exhaust leak already. No change at all. Vacuum lines are all new and gaskets are less than a couple months. Once in a while I hear a whistle noise coming from the bay, but when I drench the car in carb cleaner, no fluctuating idle, or anything of that sort.

Rush

Comment

Still have a catalytic converter? Have you tested to see if it is plugged? Exhaust problem can be more than just a leak.

Comment

I disconnected the cat and problem still persisted :/

i thought it was a clogged cat at first, because I had a hissing noise but turned out to be a bad gasket. I disconnected my downpipe and still the same problem

Rush

Comment

I changed my fuel cap thinking that could be it, but no luck. Im thinking about swapping my fpr again. But this time for a new h22 one which fuels 51psi

Rush

Comment

Did you have a custom tune with the cam? Did you retune after removing the cam?

Comment

Didnt tune it. Didnt get a chance and didnt have the money.

Rush

Comment

Try closing the gap on the plugs its a common thing to see if it's a weak ignition related issue.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I tried that before and its not. I even bought a new set of plugs. I got 2 different sets. Iridium and copper..copper didnt run it. iridium did.

Rush

Comment

Sounds like an ignition issue if changing from copper to irridium worked.

Make sure it is a fuel issue and check your pressure on the rail.

Comment

That was when i had the cam on though..it helped when the cam was on..it doesnt do shit now..as for fuel pressure..when i had my aem rail on with the gauge it was reading at about 30psi at idle warmed up.

Rush

Comment

I would rule out the simple stuff first. To check the ignition first. Go back and look at each spark plug. Is one or two of them look black or wet or dark? If so, it is isolated to that cylinder. If they are all dark, check for fire next. This kind of stuff can be frustrating. Just keep it simple. For your engine to run you need these basic things :
                          Spark
                          Fuel
                          Compression
                          Proper ignition timing

Have you checked the timing also? Just get back to the basics and you will figure it out.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

All spark plugs look good. Dizzi, wires, cap, rotor, and all timing is good. All my spark related parts are good.

Rush

Comment

Next i would look at all the vacuum lines very closely. If you have spark, fuel, correct timing, and fuel pressure, then you prob have a very simple issue. Like a vacum leak or possible bad sensor (map sensor) or something of the like. I know you probably know your car very well and know what your doing. Sometimes, these issues are so simple, it is so easy to overlook.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Working...
                              X