93 accord tail light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord tail light problem

as stated, for some reason, when i step on the brake, the right side tail lights do not light up (left side work fine)...i checked all the blubs, they are fine and i even bought new one, but same problem presist. i check the fues and it's fine...now i'm lost...any suggestions. thanks

there are sensors in each outer taillight. they sense if the bulbs are out or not via an indication light in the inst cluster under the fuel/temp gauges. if they go bad themselves, there is a chance that they will not be able to output power to the bulb. this may be your problem.

also check to see if the contacts of the bulb holders are clean. oxidation sometimes hinders a good solid contact to the bulb. good luck!
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
      there are sensors in each outer taillight. they sense if the bulbs are out or not via an indication light in the inst cluster under the fuel/temp gauges. if they go bad themselves, there is a chance that they will not be able to output power to the bulb. this may be your problem.
      yea def check them...i had a problem like that before also. my trunk leaked and one got wet and shorted out. u can just look at the back of it and if u see rust on the lil circuitboard in it get a new one. i got one from honda, wasnt expensive at all. ive got an extra too.
      In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

lighting problem

order a wire harness for the right side tail light because i can bet that oyur center brake light doesn't work also

Comment

Check the little orange box that is housed inside the outer, right side light. The box controls the passenger side tail lights and highmount light. It burned out on my old car and caused that same problem.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I got the same problem here and honda wants $45 cad (around 30 usd) for a harness

can i put it in vinger to take out the white stuff??

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Working...
            X