Wolf's Head Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf's Head Oil

Since this forum has several much older members, has anyone ever heard of this brand of oil before? Reason being is, the parts place i now work for carries it and this brand also offers a "fully synthetic" line. The kicker is it's just $2.99 a quart for either type and with my employee discount, it's probably even less. All the much older mechanics the shops i deliver to all say that it has been around forever and in their opinion it's better than valvoline or quakerstate. All the younger guys at the new shops say that they never heard of it or don't trust it being so cheap.

I was hoping someone over at Bobistheoilguy's forum would have an oil analysis posted but i guess i might have to buy some try it and then send it in to Blackstone lab. I'll think i'll still spend the extra few dollars for a Purolator one filter even though we carry Wix.

I never heard of it, though I'd be interested to know the quality.

For our old cars, there's really no need for fancy oil unless you're heavily modified, or you run for a long time between changes. Still, it's interesting to learn.

Comment

There's a tire and lube place down the street from me and that's what they use on their basic motor oil change. Its like 25 or 30 for 10w-40 of that stuff and a Fram filter. Not sure on the quality but the lube tech there is always talking down on it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I never heard of it, though I'd be interested to know the quality.

For our old cars, there's really no need for fancy oil unless you're heavily modified, or you run for a long time between changes. Still, it's interesting to learn.
        Oh i was just going to use the synthetic on my newer civic since im driving a ton of miles now. Supposedly the regular dino version is of decent if not great quality. I just don't know how they can sell it for so cheap.

Comment

Working...
        X