X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Vehicle Info:

1990 EX manual

Symptom:

When engine is totally cold (sitting for hours) and you started it up, idle would fluctuate up and down for a good few minutes or more until it warmed up completely, then everything would be fine. Never had any issues with the engine not starting, just an annoying issue.

Cause:

Fast idle thermo valve (FITV) loosed up over time.

Price:

Free, did it myself. I adjusted the FITV by removing the top cover, turning the slotted ring to tighten it down all the way (clock-wise direction) while FITV is hot from putting it in boiling water. Resealed the cover and reinstalled the two screws. I used a impact driver to remove the screws because they were stuck on there pretty good. I let the car sit the rest of the day with hood open, to cool it back down faster. I checked back by starting the car later in the night and I started it 3 times and it functioned normally now.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-14-2006, 01:25 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:
      1992 Honda Accord Coupe/EX/M5

Symptom(s):
      Coolant dripped from the driver's side rear engine area. Upon further inspection, coolant is leaking from the lower timing belt cover. The coolant started dripping slowly and as time went on and miles added, the dripping got worse and worse.

Cause(s):
      Waterpump decides it was time to let go.

Price(s):
      Parts Replaced: Balance Shaft Belt - 34.00
      Timing Belt - 40.00
      Waterpump - 80.00
      A/C drive belt - 36.00

Labor: 160.00
      Total cost was 363.77 after tax.

I had the mechanic do some preventitive maintenance while he had the side of the motor apart. That's why there were extra parts not dealing directly with the waterpump problem. I could of saved a bunch of money if I had parts in hand, but I needed to car taken care of right away and did not have time to do anything with it. Just easier for me to pay the extra money and let someone else deal with it.
      Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-14-2006, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Vehicle Info:
        1992 Accord EX (cnd)

Symptom:
        Car would randomly shut off while driving...There were no check engine lights...It would also start back up after sitting for a few hours...Then the problem would start again.

Cause:
        The igniter unit went bad.

Cost:
        Igniter unit -$136.00
        Labor-$48.75
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-14-2006, 01:22 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:

1990 Accord EX 5-speed

Symptom(s):

Battery checks out fine voltage-wise, but car does not start and no power/or minimal power to acessories.

Cause(s):

Battery terminals have too much green corrosion, preventing good contacts.

Fix:

Clean battery terminals very well.

Tools Used:

Battery terminal cleaner tool
          Battery terminal cleaner spray

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:

1993 Accord LX auto

Symptom:

Oil level suddenly decreases drastically and low oil pressure light goes on. Oil was 4 quarts low and holds 4.5 quarts with the oil filter I use, etc.

Cause:

Front balance shaft walked out 1.5 - 2 inches and leaked oil out of motor when running severely.

Price:

About $150 for all new OEM replacement front engine seals, balance shaft seal retainer, full timing belt package parts, distributor O-ring, no valvecover gasket/seals because they were replace recently and are in good shape.

Notes:

I feel that since we've been using Mobil1 5W-30 synthetic motor oil, it saved the motor. My mother drove approximately 5-6 miles with the low oil pressure light on and the motor still turns freely and started/idled with no awkward noises. This Accord was bought with 124K miles from dad's coworker, it has almost 139K miles on it now. I looked at records and timing belt job was done at 97K miles, so it obviously was not done by a Honda dealer as they did NOT install a balance shaft seal retainer, which would have prevented this problem.
            Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-11-2006, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:
              1991 accord dx 5speed

Symptom:
              While driving, brakes suddenly locked as if i was holding on brakes (not E-brake).

Cause:
              Running out on Brake fluid.

Price:
              Free. Had several bottles of brake fluid in garage. But not sure at store. Maybe under $10.

Notes:
              Just try not to forget to do an update on your ride like i did.

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:

1991 Accord EX A/T

Symptom(s):

When my car reaches 3500RPM it BOGS and doesnt go anywhere and does it in every gear...sometimes it would take 8 cranks then the engine light would come, then it would start

Cause(s):

I had my friend check the code and i believe it was 7,10,14.....TDC, Anoter sensor, and my VSS. I already knew my VSS was gone so that was a given. But he told me that the problem was the distributor unit.

Price:

I picked one up for 70 at a Japanese auto parts center and fixed the problem. Easy fix, DIY!

Comment

92 accord DX

PROBLEM

white gunk forming at back of engine on driverside.

HOW TO FIX

changed water pump- $90.00 from honda

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:

1993 LX manual

Symptom:

Car was turning over but simply would not start.

Cause:

Fouled spark plugs caused by an overly rich condition, and said plugs had a significant amount of carbon buildup on them.

$10.00 (Autozone) - no labor, replaced it myself
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Vehicle

91' Accord DX M/T

Symptom

Car would start WHENEVER IT WANTED TO. Once it does, I drive and it also DIES when it wanted to (Randomly). When it dies, i try to start it back up. It turns but no luck. Kept trying and trying to start the car....NOTHIN'. Usually worked fine at night for some reason (lol 'NightRider') but works crappy during the day (when it wants to).

Cause

Main Relay...My cuz said it, my cousins cuz said it, my uncle said it, Trah said it. But shit, my pops said he replaced that already...BUT! He thought of a different part.

Fix & Cost

Finally fixed it...and was actually around 70 bucks or below..simple fix, just need an extension to reach the Nut that holds the MR. Feels great driving it around again
                      Last edited by Djmoua; 05-02-2007, 02:13 PM.

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:

1993 LX Manual

Symptom:

Car died while driving, lost the tach signal, oil psi signal, and car would not start despite turning over
                        Cause:

Blown ECU fuse

$.10 replaced with spare i had in the car
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:
                          - 1990 Accord LX 4DR

Symptom(s):
                          - Car does not start does not crank seems that ignition is bad or starter is bad or battery cable is bad or that dizzy is bad.

Cause(s):
                          - bad starter cable back to the ignition. black/white wire

Price(s):
                          - free or couple of bucks. get a long enough wire fron the starter and hook it up to the black/white wire of the ignition. tempory fix but it will work and crank back up your car.
                          OR
                          it can cost you 400 bucks since you don't know what the FCUK is wrong with it and everything you tested came out like it works. bought a new dizzy, new main relay, new ignition
                          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:
                            1991DX M/T

Symptom(s):
                            *This situation here happened when starting the engine and daily driving while driving normally withOUT knowing my exact problem*
                            (day 1)Battery light came on ..(day2) battery light is NOT on....(day3) battery light came on and off certain times....(day4)Battery light doesn't come on when engine is started up but then comes on randomly during acceleration and off during deceleration (slowing down)....(day5 to day7) Battery light is ON the whole time...(day8) Engine cranks slower than usual when starting it up and will eventually lose battery energy...(day9) my cb7 had no more battery juice...jump started it with my other ride...worked fine for only at the most 5 minutes and lost battery again.

Cause(s):
                            Either was just the alternator brush inside the alternator since i saw a thread about alternator brush replacement...took that out and was worn...but very hard to obtain from a local auto store...supposedly rare or something ..didnt replace the brush though.

Fix & Cost:
                            Replaced the alternator instead and cost me $101 from Autozone with LTW (Lifetime Warranty)..was good fix...not easy though...might need an extra hand

*Needs*
                            -New shocks
                            -Struts
                            -Drop
                            -Cleaning
                            -New Tires/Wheels
                            -New Window Tint
                            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Accord Vehicle Info:
                              - '91 Accord EX 4DR

Symptom(s):
                              - Car dies while driving, lost tach signal, and wont start unless you wait for about 10 mins - 1 hour.

Cause:
                              - Distributor Assembly went bad

Fix & Cost:
                              - Replace Distributor Assembly. Pricing is $170
                              F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
                              My Member's Thread
                              Arcadia Green #14

Comment

*EDIT* I fixed this problem a while ago...didn't update this *EDIT*

Accord Vehicle Info:
                                - 1993 LX Manual (4dr)

Symptom(s):
                                - On cold start, car idles high around 2200, once warmed up car continue high idle around 1700. While driving, in between shifts, car idles at 1500 which can make it harder to smoothly shift into higher gear.

Once vehicle speed reaches 25mph, engine idles down to 900-1000 then bounces up to 1500 and repeats. When vehicle speed is above 25 MPH and in neutral, engine idles at 1500, below 25mph, bounces.
                                Cleaned IACV
                                Cleaned TB
                                Cleaned EGR
                                Tightened FITV
                                These had very little effect

Cause(s):
                                - Idle set too high.
                                - Idle screw backing itself out due to worn seal

Fix(s):
                                - Re-set engine idle speed following procedure posted on CB7tuner.com
                                - Used a small amount of liquid gasket around idle screw to keep it in place, thread lock is too strong

Price(s):
                                - Did it myself, cost of Carb Clean...$2, and I had some liquid gasket lying around.
                                Last edited by bcjammerx; 01-15-2009, 03:54 PM. Reason: Fixed prolbem
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X