Unpredictable Clutch Feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpredictable Clutch Feel

So I'm hoping this makes sense to all of you.

Every so often my clutch will feel completely different from how it usually does.
    It's only done this maybe 4 times since i did a new OEM clutch and flywheel 5 months ago(4k miles since then).

Usually my clutch lets out at the bottom and has maybe an 1-1.5 inches of "play" at the top.
    The days it feels weird (like today) it will let out at the very top and feel springy with no play at all.
    The clutch isn't slipping, the pedal isn't sticking, it works fine, just feels and lets out differently.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea as to what's causing it. Like I said, it rarely ever happens.
    When I leave work today it'll probably be fine again and not happen for a few months, but i still want to fix the problem.

Thanks
    Street-Spec

Just as I thought, i leave work and the clutch is fine again.

I'm not too worried about it, but any ideas on what's happening are more than welcome.
    Street-Spec

Comment

This is happening to me right now, and I attribute it to the cheap-o slave cylinder I installed right before the issue arose.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Make sure the clutch pedal is adjusted to allow for free play in the hydraulic system. Having no free play will build some extra pressure and the friction point will be all over the place, right off the floor to right @ the top. You should have roughly 1/4" -3/8" (more than that is good too so there's no doubts) of stroke @ the pedal from the top where the slave cylinder does not move at all. A valuable lesson I learned 1 time when I set mine up for zero free play, not good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by belac515 View Post
          Usually my clutch lets out at the bottom and has maybe an 1-1.5 inches of "play" at the top.
          So thats the issue i'm having with my clutch, took it to honda and they adjusted it, that made it a little better but I still have a good inch-two inches of play at the top.
          The tech said theirs plastic bushinings on the pedal that have gone out, but honda doesn't make them any more.

So i'm wondering if any other gen accord had these bushinings?
          or if i'll have to make a trip to the junk yard.
          Freedom Is Not Free
          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Working...
          X