iacv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iacv

so, my iacv isnt working, and when i go to the JY i want to snag a couple, i have a 96 h22...i don't see why why one from a 90-93 accord wouldnt work, they look very similar, besides the fact of the coolant line spots.
    so what other ones would work?

the accord one should work fine. Ive been running an accord iacv for about a year now on my h22

Comment

this is from my local auto parts store, see how the coolant lines are different?

from 96 prelude.. and mine looks like this
      http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...+control+valve

accord
      http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...+control+valve

Comment

yea i noticed they were different when i installed mine. Didnt make a difference

Comment

ok sweet ill grab one then. thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
            ok sweet ill grab one then. thanks for the help
            if your in a warm climate you dont need the coolant lines, if it makes it easier for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryans 90accord View Post
              if your in a warm climate you dont need the coolant lines, if it makes it easier for you.
              iacv makes it so you have a better idle? the fitv i could see not needing.

Comment

iacv makes it so you have a better idle? the fitv i could see not needing.
                iv read in a manual you dont need the coolant lines. took them off mine, car idles perfect. Will put back on thoe for the winter. Says it reduces heat in the IM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryans 90accord View Post
                  iv read in a manual you dont need the coolant lines. took them off mine, car idles perfect. Will put back on thoe for the winter. Says it reduces heat in the IM.
                  i thought it was coolant pressure that make the iacv open and close? i could be wrong with this but it would make sense.

Comment

i thought it was coolant pressure that make the iacv open and close? i could be wrong with this but it would make sense.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMjQry8mz-E Explains very well what the IACV actually does, its pretty informative!

Comment

Originally posted by Skidd View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMjQry8mz-E Explains very well what the IACV actually does, its pretty informative!
                      that was very informative, thanks.
                      but my idle issue isn't the normal bouncing idle. mines more of, it almost dies(sometimes does, but very rare) then goes to where it should be and does that a few times.

Comment

how tight is your FITV cranked down?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
                          how tight is your FITV cranked down?
                          i adjusted it down do how tight it should be about 6 months ago, its always done this since i did the swap, iv cleaned the iacv also.the FITV shouldnt affect it once its warm though? it only does it when warm, when cold it idles 1500-1600

Comment

that was very informative, thanks.
                            You're welcome glad to help!

i adjusted it down do how tight it should be about 6 months ago, its always done this since i did the swap, iv cleaned the iacv also.the FITV shouldnt affect it once its warm though? it only does it when warm, when cold it idles 1500-1600
                            At that point, I'd check to a leak in the vacuum system. When I did my swap to an A6, I found out that the intake has an extra hose connector that I don't have a hose for. (still not sure what its for, actually) but my connector is at the back of the intake, towards the driver's side. It might be worth it to double check all of them.
                            Last edited by Skidd; 10-12-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidd View Post
                              You're welcome glad to help!

At that point, I'd check to a leak in the vacuum system. When I did my swap to an A6, I found out that the intake has an extra hose connector that I don't have a hose for. (still not sure what its for, actually) but my connector is at the back of the intake, towards the driver's side. It might be worth it to double check all of them.
                              no vacuum leak

Comment

Working...
                              X