Vaccum Box delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccum Box delete?

hello i have a 92 accord with the jdm f22b dohc and i want to get rid of (delete) the air vaccum box that sits on the firewall above the fuel filter, ive seen a lot of ppl on here that have done that but i have to idea how to do so without having any issues, can you help me

that box is the MAP sensor, you would need to wire up the h22 style on that mounts to the throttle body

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

really? map sensor huh, do they sell a bypass, or what? idk how to wire it into my oem intake manifold

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
        that box is the MAP sensor, you would need to wire up the h22 style on that mounts to the throttle body

i found this thing, but what hoses do i connect to it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLOX-RED-TYP...727a31&vxp=mtr

Comment

you can't bypass the MAP sensor, the ECU reads the signal from it and determines how much fuel needs to be injected into the mix depending on how much air is flowing... MAP: Manifold Air Pressure sensor
          Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.
          MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195250

Comment

Truthfully, you should leave it alone. While the only thing you truly need in there is the MAP sensor, and that can be worked around with the throttle body 91kid described, there's also EGR and charcoal canister electronics in there as well. You don't need those, per se, but you don't have any clue what they do. It makes no sense for anyone on here to walk you through the steps needed to eliminate these emissions features of your car when you don't understand the work needed, the effects doing so will have and will have very frustrated questions when something goes wrong.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
            X