Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wiring a kill switch on fuel pump need help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring a kill switch on fuel pump need help?

hey guys im wiring a kill switch on my fuel pump but im not sure which wire i need to cut into can someone please help me out.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

any body?

Comment

Just a guess but I would tap into the line that supplies the power. Go to your fuel pump and find out which and then trace it back to the front of the car based on the color. Also you could prolly look in your manual for the wiring diagram and go that route to find which one you need.

Keep in mind, this is just an educated guess as I've never wired a kill switch to a fuel pump.

Comment

We all know that the fuel pump gets power from main relay. Check wiring diagram for which wire to tap into.
        A&P-IA

Comment

thanks guys for the help

Comment

Here, I posted this onto another thread as well. This should help you identifying which wire to tap into.

A&P-IA

Comment

i have a question as i may do something like this in the near future. but could you tap your switch into #1 or #7? i mean if its not gonna get power then its not gonna work. or if there is no connection to the fuel line wire then the pump wont work even if the #1 wire is connected. is that assumption correct?
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride
              Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
              Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

If I was to do it, I would use SPST on #7 (power supply to FP) and be done with. This way, you are taking only FP on/off the line when you want it.
                A&P-IA

Comment

Just take the battery with you when it's parked.

In all honesty, what's the point? So they don't take your car? If they're inside the vehicle there's no telling what they take, do, or end up breaking in the process of any of it. Only way to keep your car 100% safe is to garage it.

Comment

What we really need is the batmobile body armor that wraps the whole car like in the micheal keaton version from the 90's

Edit: you know what would be sick too is if you could turn a garage door opener into a kill switch. Idk if you could hook up a radio recever to a wire like that I'm sure lucifer1 could figure it out though.
                    Last edited by Quashish; 08-30-2012, 03:32 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                      What we really need is the batmobile body armor that wraps the whole car like in the micheal keaton version from the 90's

Edit: you know what would be sick too is if you could turn a garage door opener into a kill switch. Idk if you could hook up a radio recever to a wire like that I'm sure lucifer1 could figure it out though.
                      dude i like that idea alot. i think i know someone that can help me with that and i may do it and post a DIY... maybe. or just give general info on it so someone can do it them selves.
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride
                      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                        If I was to do it, I would use SPST on #7 (power supply to FP) and be done with. This way, you are taking only FP on/off the line when you want it.
                        if you did that it would just crank and crank and nothing would happen, then maybe someone would come to the car and ask the theif if they needed a jump and possibly catch on to what was going on and ya idk what would happen but it kinda would create noise and pl would look over at a car having problems.

haha i can see it now,
                        sir do you need a jump?
                        theif: uh ya...
                        ok and nothing happens
                        theif: ill just uh.. come back later (takes off and runs..) haha!
                        Accord SE

93se
                        Members Ride

Comment

I had a starter arrest switch hidden from plain view on one of Civics I had instead of FP arrest switch. Less tear and wear on starter motor for thieves attempting to steal the whole car.

But, then they could have push started it if they wanted really bad,,,,.

Maybe it is better to install DPDT to handle both starter and FP. Just a thought.
                          A&P-IA

Comment

What we really need is the batmobile body armor that wraps the whole car like in the micheal keaton version from the 90's.
                            Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                            dude i like that idea alot. i think i know someone that can help me with that and i may do it and post a DIY... maybe. or just give general info on it so someone can do it them selves.
                            You know the dark night!?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

You know the dark night!?
                              I AM THE DARK KNIGHT! haha jk

has anyone herd of the magnet trick. i here that theifs use a magnet to bypass the relay so that kill switch switch doesnt need to be found. they just gotta find the relay and ya. is there any weight to that?
                              Accord SE

93se
                              Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X