Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wiring a kill switch on fuel pump need help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting ready to do this - at the point where I've checked wiring diagrams and pulled the cover off the electrical connection above the fuel tank.

If you go life the carpet in the trunk (in a 90 EX at least), there is an electrical connector on the passenger side leading to the fuel tank. There is a large gauge Blk / Y (or Y/Bk) wire that I believe is the power for the fuel pump. That's the wire I'm getting ready to test and cut - I think it powers the fuel pump.
    90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Originally posted by H.M. View Post
      I'm getting ready to do this - at the point where I've checked wiring diagrams and pulled the cover off the electrical connection above the fuel tank.

If you go life the carpet in the trunk (in a 90 EX at least), there is an electrical connector on the passenger side leading to the fuel tank. There is a large gauge Blk / Y (or Y/Bk) wire that I believe is the power for the fuel pump. That's the wire I'm getting ready to test and cut - I think it powers the fuel pump.
      i dont think thats the wire man. the pump wires are under there if im not mistaken. what does it say in your heynes manual about the color of the wires. i wouldn't cut it till you have confirmed it is in fact the fuel pump wire. but my question is why are you cutting that wire and not the one closer to the main relay? if you cut the wire for fuel pump according to the diagram posted would that not be better for you?
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Iv'e done this as a DIY on this very forum it should still be here . You trace the fuelpump wiring on the rear passengers side near the doorjam. Lift the cushion up and use only two or three wires the positive side and the negative side.

On a toggle switch and put the switch wires that hold the switch over from getting a connection. There should be three wires ones positive ones negative and one controls the connections to the fuel guage.

Heres mine Im going to make one here for everyone so that they can stop getting their shit stolen
        myfuelpump DIY

Look and make sure there is a 20 amp fuse in there so make a slot for it just incase

This is what I meant to say of the fuelpump harness on the passenger rear sude door. You completely cut that single wire you tie one end to the positive side of the toggle three prong switch and the other to the other side prong of the toggle switch. That way when you turn the car off you cut the connection by the toggleswitch the car wont have any juice and the fuelpump will kill itself off.

Thats the purpose of a killswitch right? When you turn the switch back on power will be returned back to the switch and the car will start. You can place this switch and glue it in so that it doesnt slide out in the ashtray in the center consolde in the armrest.

You see what people dont know im the real deal
        Last edited by h22sparkle; 09-01-2012, 09:52 PM.

Comment

dude very nice.
          but im not gonna lie, the pictures are a little confusing. i see you have a access pannel to the fuel pump, on my car i dont have that lol. sucks for me!
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Mine has it aswell, it's on the passenger side right behind the rear seat/under it beside the strut tower. The only reason i found it was the previous owner left the ground extremely loose and was causing the pump not to prime.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
            X