Failed emission's, helpp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed emission's, helpp!!

so pissed off guys, just had it saftied and now it failed emission's let me tell you the story. So im driving to the shop and ovbiously im ripping it pretty hard to burn off all the nasty stuff, anyways i pull into the shop go inside and leave my car running, come back out and look inside and my oil light is on. Now its never been on before ever, it later ended up failing emissions because to high n.o.x, anyways driving home it seemed like when i was coming to a stop the oil light would like studder on and off but when i was up to speed it wouldnt be on. Could i of blown off a vaccum hose of some sort? please help

hmm no answer? anyways so the car starting up fine, runs good then i turn it off try and start it again, fires up then dies, after that try and start it again and it cranks and cranks and eventually fires up. Took the spark plugs out and it was literally full to the top of oil in all four holes, cleaned them all out and is running a little bit better but not really and still has the starting problem. Before you go ahead assuming what it is, ive replaced oil pressure sensor, new oil pan, egr, and fresh oil. When i did all this the car sat for a couple weeks id start it up everyday multiple times, on my way to etest i ripped it hard and when i got there the oil light came on. The oil light is flickering at low rpm's and all these problems started when the oil light first came on, ever since then its be faacccked. what im thinking is the oil pump is going, should i wire in a oil pressure gauge and see the the pressure is?

Comment

if you are getting oil in your spark plug hole i would fix that first. you could be looseing presure from the seal leaking oil in the holes. as far as the nox im not sure might be a bad cat . post up your sheets so we all can take a look at them.
      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Put a oil pressure gauge on it and go from there.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Etest pics sorry about them being sideways. .

Comment

Oh ya and this http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...03AF3FB6A1.mp4

Comment

dud e thats your oil presure switch min does that from time to time replace it with the seals that are leaking . and do a full tune up change your oil and oil filter with air filter and do not go cheap.
              if it fails again try some b12 run it on a full tanke . clean egr system test egr valve and silonnoid . then after that go to a smog shop on a fresh tanke of gas. if that fails then replace your cat .

edit my neck hurts . do you have pics of them straight up and down ? how your car is idleing needs to be fixed to hi of a idle will cause you to fail smog.
              Last edited by Accord problems; 08-15-2012, 04:02 PM.
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

High HC points mostly to an engine running rich. Ignition components being weak and not able to burn the fuel properly. At the same time , high NOx means you're running lean. You may also have a clogged EGR system and a bad catalytic converter. I had high NOx on my old CB , the cat was out as it gave out foul smell and it was running rich not burning the fuel properly.
                Last edited by ExplodingCake; 08-15-2012, 04:20 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Oil in your cylinders I'd have to think either piston rings are shot or valve seals? What's your idle set at?

Comment

who said anything about oil in my cylinders? and i just replaced my oil pressure switch a few weeks ago. took my valve cover off and noticed the groumets for the spark plug seal were messed up pretty bad, put some new ones on, so far oil light hasnt came on
                    Last edited by Charlie; 08-15-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      who said anything about oil in my cylinders? and i just replaced my oil pressure switch a few weeks ago. took my valve cover off and noticed the groumets for the spark plug seal were messed up pretty bad, put some new ones on, so far oil light hasnt came on
                      that may have been your problem as far as the oil presure.

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                        You said you took the spark plugs out and it was full of oil, Which is the cylinder but I guess you meant there was oil leaking into the spark plug well.

Comment

Could low oil pressure cause me to fail my etest?

Comment

Doubt it. You need to clean your egr/tune up/ new cat. Also retard the timing a little. Itll help out alot with passing emissions.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

Fix your spark plug tube seals (lowers and uppers), then fix your idle, its way too high at 1300rpms.
                              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X