cap and rotor removal for distributor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cap and rotor removal for distributor?

hey, i got my ignitor and i need to know how to remove the rotor. i took off the cap (only 3-8mm bolts) but i cant get the rotor off so i can get to the ignitoir. i looked at the online shop manual...couldnt find anything, thanks
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

That rotor is stuck on there pretty good so you have to give it a good tug to get it off. I ran into the same problem.
    Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

yeah just pull of the rotor, dont use a screwdriver, theres too much too damage in there, just pull it off hard.

Comment

oh alrite, i just didnt want to damage anything, time to tackle it again, thx guys

also...if i take off the cap and rotor, would i need to adjust the timing?
        I <3 G60.

Comment

no just mark the cap and rotor with a sharpie or something to that effect, just so u know exactly how it goes back on. im pretty sure its hard to screw it up, but u should be fine with that.

Comment

Actually the rotor on F22 engines have a flat spot on one side to make it idiot proof in not installing it wrong, you can't go wrong.

On our 88 Integra 1.6L DOHC (d16a1) engine, the rotor has a small set screw that you have to remove before taking the rotor off. We don't have that on our F22 engines...I'm like 98% sure...man, I'm forgetting crap. I've done this a few times before too on our Accords, it's just been a bit.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I just did mine not too long ago. If the rotor gives you a hastle, hit it with some WD40 and use a flathead screwdriver to pry it off.
              ProjectParty.net
              Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

w00t, used a bit of leverage from a flat head, then removed by hand.

for the ignitor, once you take the rotor and covering under that off. there's two screws that are facing you, take those out and you will see the ignitor...

two screws under the ignitor should take out an assembly attached to the ignitor.

pull whole thing out, swap old with new and reverse assembly, ta da!

the difference is night and day, my car sounds so much better, no tach jumping after 3k, hopefully the mileage will improve since it was misfiring and hesitating a bit.

thanks for your help guys!
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                X