Adjusting IMA sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting IMA sensor

I had adjusted mine to trick a P13 into thinking it had a ELD when I had a H22A in my car. Now I have a F20A5 with its PT5 ECU (which is what the sensor was originally for). My car idles a bit rough some times, and I'm guessing this is the culprit, which is why I would like it adjusted how it should be. So does anyone know the correct procedure for adjusting this?

All I can find on the interwebs is that it throws code 11 when failure occurs. That's all I can find on the subject.

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

I'm not 100% but I don't think that many cars over here in North America have the IMA sensor.

From what I can see from the European Helms manual is the sensor should read between 0.5v - 4.5v. Sounds like it may adjust similarly to the TPS sensor. It is sounds as if it is also a rotary potentiometer.

Hope someone else can give you a more direct answer.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

well i knew that much :P doesn't matter now as teh car spat out a main seal so it's getting parked up till I get another h22

H22A Vigor
      SR20 Accord

Comment

Can't find my manual at the moment.
        I'll let you know the proper procedure tomorrow when I'm at work.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

oh sweet! suppose knowing wouldn't be a bad thing for the future.

H22A Vigor
          SR20 Accord

Comment

1) Warm up to normal operating temp.
            2) Confirm correct Idle speed
            3) Check Idle CO reading with electrical acessories OFF.

Specified CO%
            With CATA 0.1% Maximum
            Without CATA 1.0% +/- 1.0%

Adjust IMA as necessary, If unable to obtain specified % check engine tuneup condition.

Finding someone with a CO meter won't be easy though

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

What is the IMA sensor for / do?

Comment

Adjusts idle mixture I suppose, as the name suggests. Didn't realize I needed special stuff to correctly adjust it. I'll probably just chuck my multimeter on someone elses IMA and make mine read the same as theirs lol.

H22A Vigor
                SR20 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  What is the IMA sensor for / do?
                  IMA = Idle Mixture Adjustment
                  For - Substitute for vehicles that don't have O2 sensor
                  Do - Adjust CO readings for emissions (only applicable at idle)

Originally posted by A18A View Post
                  I'll probably just chuck my multimeter on someone elses IMA and make mine read the same as theirs lol.
                  You can do that to get in the ball park of where it should be, but it won't "technically" be at all accurate seeing as it it based off exhaust emissions.

Best bet would be to go to "Pick A Part" and look at a few to see where the common default setting is.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

ahh yes, that's a good idea. I'll keep that in mind for when I have a o2-less car again

H22A Vigor
                    SR20 Accord

Comment

Working...
                    X