Short Axle Driver Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Axle Driver Side

Ive seen a few questions on here regarding a drivers side axle being "short" or not fitting correctly? I'm having kind of the same issue. Seems its 3/4 inches short. I can barely feel the edge of the bearing ring once tightly secure and the inner boot stretches. I noticed getting a 94 is a wrong decision; so what would be steps to fix this issue. Axle seems to be working fine, but Ive changed a lot of axles on this, and this last time just doesn't feel right.

Would it just be a motor mount fix? I have ENERGY poly mounts on the front/back and just replaced my engine mount on the right side. Tranny mount looks solid and would like info before i go further.. Thanks!

MYCB7.com

I forget what you have in your car... is it still just an F22A with stock mounts? Did you convert from auto to manual?

If the mounts are stock, you did no transmission conversion, and you're still running an F22A, then there's no good reason for an axle to be short. Chances are, the dipshit at the parts store probably gave you an axle for the wrong car.

If you have an engine swap or transmission conversion, make sure everything is mounted correctly. I've heard of a TON of axle problems that ended up being the result of an improperly done conversion/swap. If things aren't sitting straight and mounted correctly, the axles won't fit properly!

Comment

I do have a swapped motor (F20A) , with a 5 speed with no change. The F20 has the same size and i haven't had a problem until about 9 months ago when i changed my last one. this new one too is short. Ive done research and cant find anything. I think ill just changing my tranny mount to see if it changes anything.

-Thanks Deev.

MYCB7.com

Comment

like deev said maybe the parts guy gave you the wrong part... try exchanging it if you can if not buy one from a different part store and see if the problem persist...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Yeah, the F20A should mount exactly the same way as the F22A, so there should be no fitment issues, unless you improperly converted from auto to manual...

I imagine you just got the wrong part. I know it happens, more often than I'd like, personally!

Comment

See I thought the same thing, but I measured it compressed and it seems to be correct. But next time I'm definitely making sure its correctly measured. The odds of me getting two short ones in 9 month is hard to swallow, but it is Kragen. Total crap.

I was only getting them there because of the lifetime warrrenty.

MYCB7.com

Comment

Working...
            X