starting car, dies afterwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting car, dies afterwards?

my car just started this today. when i start my car in the morn, it takes a little effort....then if i start the car later when its cold and been driven barley like 1 minute....id start it, but then it shuts off...

if i start again its fine everytime ..later if i let it sit and not drive it, it will shut down again..

then the battery light comes on...

any ideas?
    ---
    the book says:

loose or faulty electrical connections at dist coil or alternator

insufficient fuel reaching the fuel injectors

vacuum leak at the gasket between intake manifold and throttle body.
    ---

my battery is fine...it seems...it is only 3 years old on the die hard...but even though the battery may be low...it would be able to tell becuase it would stress starting, my car starts but then shuts down...

i tested the voltage, its at 12.5 and 13.8 when it starts...the drain goes down to about 10.5 when it starts then up to 13.8.

thanks fellas
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

I had the same problen and it cured its self

Comment

you helped alot
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

sorrie im trying to be really discriptive.

ok with the car off the battery voltage is at 12.4-12.7

with the car on its at 13.7...if i revv it goes up to like 13.9 and such....mor elike 14.1

it sure can be alot of things...it got me stumped...tomorrow morn im going to measure the resistance for the spark plug wires to see if they are still good or bad...and the distribitor...

we will see

Retro!

Hater

Comment

its probably your ignitor on your distributor or maybe god forbid you have to check for fuel and spark any codes its shooting

Comment

Working...
          X