Weatherstripping Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherstripping Problems

I've searched and all I can find are threads about the weatherstripping being busted and torn, but I have a different problem.

My weatherstripping is in great shape, no tears or anything, but when I roll my window down it folds in over itself.
    The window pulls the weatherstripping with it and causes it to roll inward which makes the window go down extremely slow and causes a terrible screeching sound.
    When I roll the window back up the weatherstripping goes back to normal.

Also note this only happens on the passenger side front window and I have no tint.

I'm just wondering if there was a way to fix this or if I just need to go ahead and replace the weatherstripping.

Here is a picture of what i'm talking about. (not my picture, just one I found on google with the same problem)

Thanks
    Street-Spec

I had the same problem with my Coupe's driverside window. You need to get a new interior trim piece that has a good felt lining. When you roll your window down all the way, peel the trim back and see if there's any felt left, if not, then that's what's grabbing onto the glass as you roll the window down. It's basically rubber on glass at that point which will for sure fold in on itself.

Go to the JY and look for a low mileage CB7 (coupe or sedan whatever you have). Take the door panel off and remove just the top piece that has a chrome/rubber strip that touches the glass. You'll have to bend the metal tabs straight to remove it from the panel. Then just replace that good condition felt liner in your car and that'll solve the problem.

Cost me about 5-10 bucks at my local pick and pull.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
    X