Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck me side wayz cb7. lol

Comment

I think it was the main relay it hasn't troller me yet.

Comment

yup Im like 100% it was the main relay. Shits Cray. My other cb7 never had that problem it just had a shit ton of oil in the dist so the igniter blew.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
          I sprayed it on and used the pressure washer to rinse the bay.
          this is probably why your car wont start. even though u started it after the fact it could have still knocked something loose or water just needed time to seep into something.
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

it was the main relay. yes i though my coil or plugs were shot at first from water being near them i even thought i had shorted out the igniter or a fuse but it was the mani relay.

i usually pressure wash the firewall the rad support under neath the block etc not directly on the fuse box or resistor box or anything crucial directly...

Comment

I'VE tamed! the troll!!!

So. here is a list of what I had to do before I found him hiding out. (in order)

I replaced every vacuum line.
              Removed those stupid little breather filters and installed a pcv valve.
              I turned down the screw on the FITV.
              I calibrated my TPS.
              I believe I correctly purged my cooling system.
              I cleaned the IAC valve extensively.
              I replaced the fuel filter.

All of this calmed my idle and fluctuating issues from 4k at first. to 3k . to 2k where it would fall and start to erratically idle from 1-1.5k. I was so stumped.

I read that cleaning the TB would help and also noticed that when I would "force" the T/B closed with my finger it would stop the idle issue. Hmm...

I decided to take the T/B out of the car and clean it.( I DID NOT TAKE IT APART)
              I was cleaning it and noticed that the ROTOR INSIDE the T/B was misaligned and would "catch" before it would fully close thus confusing the ecu.

I just loosened the two screws a bit and it went right into its correct spot. I then tightened them

I cleaned where the idle screw goes BUT DID NOT REMOVE IT. I installed my cleaned T/B and hoped for the best.

Now I got a smooth idle. It just dips sometimes when I hit the brakes turn the steering wheel, use the windows but it comes back up. Slowly getting this thing road worthy.
              Last edited by 8ball; 06-07-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

always nice to hear fellow tuners get their cars working right. haha. good job man.

Comment

Removed those stupid little breather filters and installed a pcv valve.
                  What breather filters? Could you give me a pic? Thanks.

Comment

when I bought my CB7 this dude replaced my stock intake with those stupid generic aluminium kind. He also added a breather filter to the valve cover and to the intake. It was shit. Thats acutally the second thing I fixed on my car(got rid of). That and get some electrical gremlins before they spread.

I edited it to attatch a google search of this stupid little filter. Its actually some what useful for catch cans but the whole point of a catch can is to catch the oil and let the emissions vapor back into the intake . (it carries some gas vapor with it I think is why they recirculate it to the engine)

any way here it is bro
                    http://www.google.com/search?client=...BKGq2QWUzMWnDA
                    Last edited by 8ball; 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

so in short the pressure washer wasnt what screwed my car up.

and the idle issue still occurs but only whee cold.(sometimes)

Comment

so in short the pressure washer wasnt what screwed my car up.

and the idle issue still occurs but only whee cold.(sometimes)

Comment

Working...
                        X